THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Correct Way to drink tea  (Read 34365 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
The Correct Way to drink tea
« on: July 05, 2009, 03:00:59 AM »

(should be in Earl Grey Matters)

Use freshly drawn water, freshly boiled. It must not be reboiled.

· Use the correct-sized teapot. To heat, pour some of the water, just before boiling, into the pot. Swirl and empty away.

· Use orthodox, good-quality leaf tea. Grades such as Broken Orange Pekoe (BOP) or BOP Fannings are popular. Indian Assam second-flush is thick, soft-liquoring and malty, and Cleon Dimbula is a good standard for a flavoury tea. Use one spoonful per person and one for the pot. most tea bags are simply not of a good enough standard.

· Fill the pot and stir gently for a few moments. Infuse for five minutes. Use a timer to get this right.

· Put room-temperature whole milk into the cup first. Use about one and a half tablespoonfuls. Do not use skimmed milk. this can be a bone of contention as some circles insist that the milk be added after the tea to the cup.....

· To ensure that the leaves do not get into the cup, pour tea through a proper tea strainer. Fill the cup to 1cm from the rim.

· After the first pouring, add extra hot water to the teapot, so as to continue drawing further flavour and strength from the leaves.

· Always discard cold tea at the bottom of the cup before a second pouring.

· Even if the tea has been brewing for 10 minutes, orthodox leaf tea will not become too strong or bitter.

· Use a tea cosy.

on sugar.....
proper white sugar lumps or fine white sugar from a sugar bowl should be used....never brown sugar, honey should only be used to sweeten black tea(no milk) or herbal infusions

One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Alyss

Re: The Correct Way to drink tea
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »

slyvia k

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:22:19 PM »

ew milk :P
i mean, it's probably good but... the thought sort of grosses me out  :embarassed:

Tiervexx

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

That sounds worth trying...  When I drink tea I make unsweetened green tea because of the health benefits though I'm sure there are tastier concoctions.

The best tea I ever had by far was "fusion" from a place called "Fusion Brew" which was within walking distance of my college but they closed down after my freshman year.  It had milk and enough other stuff in there so that I have not a clue how to reproduce it.  It was amazing...  That was more than 4 years ago and I still feel the withdraw.

I think they moved somewhere but I have no idea where.  I did a google search for them but I don't think the business that came up is the same place.

Alyss

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »

-Fuck tea leaves
-Fuck teapots
-Fuck not using any sugar to hand

• Holding out for a
  • Don't be afraid of the dark ages darling...
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 03:43:40 PM »

Really strong hot black tea with half a teaspoon of muscavado sugar. Nom.
Though I prefer black filter coffee with one sugar or a shot of whiskey. Nommer.
What a fucking thunder cunt thing to say.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 03:49:07 PM »

DON'T STIR THE FUCKER!!

Srsly, stirring releases the tannins in the leaf that make the tea taste harsh - and no matter what the quality of tea, it shouldn't be left mashing for more than five minutes or the same happens. If you want it stronger, use more leaves.

And I know the Earl Grey matters was a joke, but don't ever, ever put milk in Earl Grey, you put lemon in Earl Grey.

Adding milk before the tea is a sign of pretentiousness, of misplaced and desperate snobbery. The practise came about because the upper classes used to have such fine china that putting hot tea in straight away would cause the china to crack. These days, as most people use far stronger crockery to drink tea, it's simply not necessary. Adding milk afterwards is also simply easier - it means you can judge the colour of the tea and make sure you put the correct amount of milk in.

• Holding out for a
  • Don't be afraid of the dark ages darling...
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 03:51:19 PM »

DON'T STIR THE FUCKER!!

Srsly, stirring releases the tannins in the leaf that make the tea taste harsh - and no matter what the quality of tea, it shouldn't be left mashing for more than five minutes or the same happens. If you want it stronger, use more leaves.

And I know the Earl Grey matters was a joke, but don't ever, ever put milk in Earl Grey, you put lemon in Earl Grey.

Adding milk before the tea is a sign of pretentiousness, of misplaced and desperate snobbery. The practise came about because the upper classes used to have such fine china that putting hot tea in straight away would cause the china to crack. These days, as most people use far stronger crockery to drink tea, it's simply not necessary. Adding milk afterwards is also simply easier - it means you can judge the colour of the tea and make sure you put the correct amount of milk in.

Trufax.
What a fucking thunder cunt thing to say.

Alyss

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »

DON'T STIR THE FUCKER!!

-Fuck not putting milk in Earl Grey.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:52 PM »

Obviously I'm just saying this is The Right Way to do it, not that everyone should conform to it - but on the milk-in-Earl-Grey matter, apart from anything else, it tastes real gross.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »

One of the most heartwarming encounters of my trip was meeting a lovely man named Hua Feng in Hohhot, Northern China. The town is not frequented by tourists (there was one business hotel, no english speakers) and I soon found that the chinese value accidental friends. As a result of me being there despite the complete and apparent lack of a tourist industry, I met many really friendly and welcoming people.

Hua Feng ran a tea shop in the gorgeous old town and was so taken by the fact I bought a tiny amount of tea and wanted to take a photo that he invinted me and my new chinese friends to stay there for 3 hours drinking the most delicious green tea I've ever experienced. He invited us back for more the next day, which we gladly accepted.

If this tea was available in bars I would drink it habitually.
The loose tea leaves are rinsed with boiling water in a thin glass teapot.
They are rinsed a second time and the water is used to rinse all the teacups and decanter.
Boiling water is added to the teapot, brewed for 30 seconds then poured into the glass decaner and distributed to tiny teacups from there. This allows the tea to be a perfect drinking temperature by the time it reaches your lips.

This process can be repeated up to fifty time with the same tea (if it is of a good quality)
Green tea should be served alone and drunk with family.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 04:46:02 PM »

green tea and most chinese methods of drinking tea outdate and far surpass the traditional english ways.... I was merely highlighting the best way to drink tea the english way............Personally i would far rather a return to Chocolate Houses and Coffee Rooms......far more 18th Century

@raliel

Alyss

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »

^Fuck that.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »

if you have never tried chocolate made with hot port, you have not lived......
by the way... truly regret slagging off the avatar project.... it is proving to be a truly interesting browse through otherwise unknown artists

@raliel

Alyss

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »

if you have never tried chocolate made with hot port, you have not lived......
I could say the same about sticking a fong prong into your cock, but hey...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15  All   Go Up