THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 15  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Correct Way to drink tea  (Read 34352 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: The Correct Way to drink tea
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »

If jabbing your sensitive bits turns you on then carry on........... however, properly made chocolate is true bliss, without the blisters
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Tiervexx

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 06:23:11 PM »

If jabbing your sensitive bits turns you on then carry on........... however, properly made chocolate is true bliss, without the blisters

Yeah... personally I'd prefer the chocolate O0

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 07:12:01 PM »

the correct way to drink tea is with a little bit of rum.

and yes cream.  yes honey.  anybody who says otherwise is uncouth.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 03:43:11 AM »

I drink my tea raw. Ain't puttin' no suga, or milk, or nothin' in this mutha fuckin' concoction. It's all natural, organic fo me! I did have it with milk and sugar once, it tasted really wrong. It tasted good, but not real. It was fake. I have an entire cupboard filled with all sorts of tea. I used to have this really awesome jasmine tea from China. It was a small ball, then you drop it into hot water and you watch it bloom in the pot. It was SO cool and it was hella fuckin' good. Oh and also, I have this tea imported from Japan. This shit is so good. It's got green tea leaves, obvi, and some brown fuckin' rice. YO! This shit is good! Come over to my house, urrbody, we'll have a mad fuckin' tea party. Wear a fuckin' costume bitch or you can't get inside. And leave yo nasty shoes outside my house, or at least wipe them before coming in and leave 'em on the fuckin' mat. Don't you dare try moving them off the matt, if I see one fuckin' shoe on the mother fuckin' floor, oh shit, you best run.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 03:45:47 AM »

Tea, Caddy should NEVER be made with cream! you colonials and your strange habits.......although tea and spirits are quite often drunk as "restoratives" and I thoroughly approve
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »

I drink my tea raw. Ain't puttin' no suga, or milk, or nothin' in this mutha fuckin' concoction. It's all natural, organic fo me! I did have it with milk and sugar once, it tasted really wrong. It tasted good, but not real. It was fake. I have an entire cupboard filled with all sorts of tea. I used to have this really awesome jasmine tea from China. It was a small ball, then you drop it into hot water and you watch it bloom in the pot. It was SO cool and it was hella fuckin' good. Oh and also, I have this tea imported from Japan. This shit is so good. It's got green tea leaves, obvi, and some brown fuckin' rice. YO! This shit is good! Come over to my house, urrbody, we'll have a mad fuckin' tea party. Wear a fuckin' costume bitch or you can't get inside. And leave yo nasty shoes outside my house, or at least wipe them before coming in and leave 'em on the fuckin' mat. Don't you dare try moving them off the matt, if I see one fuckin' shoe on the mother fuckin' floor, oh shit, you best run.

I ain't got no shoes in the firs' place!
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »

green tea and most chinese methods of drinking tea outdate and far surpass the traditional english ways.... I was merely highlighting the best way to drink tea the english way............Personally i would far rather a return to Chocolate Houses and Coffee Rooms......far more 18th Century

Also, we were talking about black tea, yesno? But I would loooove to try some of that them there Chinese shit. Sounds nifty.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »

I ain't got no shoes in the firs' place!

whoo-hoo! You can come inside.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Alyss

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »

I'm never inviting any of you to afternoon tea.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »

I'm never inviting any of you to afternoon tea.

'cept me, obv.

Tiervexx

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 03:47:04 PM »

That sounds worth trying...  When I drink tea I make unsweetened green tea because of the health benefits though I'm sure there are tastier concoctions.

The best tea I ever had by far was "fusion" from a place called "Fusion Brew" which was within walking distance of my college but they closed down after my freshman year.  It had milk and enough other stuff in there so that I have not a clue how to reproduce it.  It was amazing...  That was more than 4 years ago and I still feel the withdraw.

I think they moved somewhere but I have no idea where.  I did a google search for them but I don't think the business that came up is the same place.

UPDATE through some googling I got in contact with someone who directed me towards a place called "St. Louis Bubble Tea" who makes something they called "Royal Milk Tea" which is basically the same as fusion.  It's great!

I can't quite tell what's in it but I think it contains black tea, milk, and some sort of sweetener but I can't tell what.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »

Isn't "bubble tea" just tea with tapioca in it?

Anyhoo, I am quite taken with the "Thai Iced Tea" served at resteraunts specializing in that cuisine.
I have found recipes on tha webbz, but none quite captures the taste I enjoy when dining out.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 01:06:38 PM »

Yeppers. And they even have different flavours and consistency. So theres tea, brewed and whatnot, then theres shakes, and whatnot and so on and so forth. I spent most of my young Asian years drinking it. Still do.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Tiervexx

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »

Yeppers. And they even have different flavours and consistency. So theres tea, brewed and whatnot, then theres shakes, and whatnot and so on and so forth. I spent most of my young Asian years drinking it. Still do.

the place I'm talking about has like a hundred different drinks.  Many don't have the big "bubbles" that can be drank with the enlarged straw.  My Royal tea does not.

I need someone like you to try their Royal tea so you can use your secret Asian knowledge to tell me how to make it!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 03:32:07 PM »

the place I'm talking about has like a hundred different drinks.  Many don't have the big "bubbles" that can be drank with the enlarged straw.  My Royal tea does not.

I need someone like you to try their Royal tea so you can use your secret Asian knowledge to tell me how to make it!

How to make the tea itself? I bet you its not that hard. People nowadays usually use powder mixtures that you can buy directly from the store. Boil some water, add water, mix, add ice, then the tapioca and youre set. To make the tapioca, you buy the balls which come off as these small hard balls. Put them in boiling water and put the lid on. After a few minutes they enlarge and poof, like magic, you have your tapioca balls and you can put as much as you want because those assholes are too lazy to keep making more so they give you little bits.

Or you use real tea and just add sugar or syrup.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 15  All   Go Up