THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Correct Way to drink tea  (Read 34355 times)

Alyss

Re: The Correct Way to drink tea
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »

I'm never inviting any of you to afternoon tea.

'cept me, obv.
well obv

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »

[/quote]
That sounds worth trying...  When I drink tea I make unsweetened green tea because of the health benefits though I'm sure there are tastier concoctions.

apparently, you only get health benefits from green tea if you drink all of the water, and you actually eat most of the tea leaves too.
dunno how true that is

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 01:13:10 AM »

That sounds worth trying...  When I drink tea I make unsweetened green tea because of the health benefits though I'm sure there are tastier concoctions.

apparently, you only get health benefits from green tea if you drink all of the water, and you actually eat most of the tea leaves too.
dunno how true that is
[/quote]

You're supposed to eat the leaves? What the fuck? I try never swallowing the leaves. Sometimes I do, I can't help it, I'm only human after all. It's not like I have a strainer built in my mouth. Though, that would be cool.

I'm going to research this.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 08:57:03 AM »

dunno how true that is

You're supposed to eat the leaves? What the fuck? I try never swallowing the leaves. Sometimes I do, I can't help it, I'm only human after all. It's not like I have a strainer built in my mouth. Though, that would be cool.

I'm going to research this.
[/quote]

yep. well i don't think it's the only way to get the health benefits, but it's a good way.
 quote found here; http://www.bouldertea.com/health_brew.html

Quote from: Boulder Tea
Another way to get the full health benefits from your tea is to eat the leaves.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 10:40:53 AM »

Why can't cannabis be like this? Water soluble.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »

you can make cannabis tea....

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »

You can, but it takes fucking aaaages to work and the high's not that great.

Back on Tea tea as opposed to "tea" tea, I bought myself a packet of Ceylon tea today, and it was damn tasty. Crisp and fresh ^.^

Niels

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »

The Correct Way to drink tea:

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 03:49:31 PM »

Oh yes I know. But it's the fat that extracts the THC faster. Water. Pfft. Water's for losers.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 03:57:29 PM »

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »

Oh yes I know. But it's the fat that extracts the THC faster. Water. Pfft. Water's for losers.
oh, i'm just sayin.  i don't even like a water pipe.  but, one thing is for certain; you roll much, much better than me.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »

oh, i'm just sayin.  i don't even like a water pipe.  but, one thing is for certain; you roll much, much better than me.

Thank-you. I've been meaning to make cannabutter. Okay, we really need to stop making this into the marijuana thread, back to drinking tea! I have chocolate mint tea in my cupboard and I freaking love it.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Tiervexx

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2009, 10:11:42 PM »

Isn't "bubble tea" just tea with tapioca in it?

Yeppers. And they even have different flavours and consistency. So theres tea, brewed and whatnot, then theres shakes, and whatnot and so on and so forth. I spent most of my young Asian years drinking it. Still do.

the place I'm talking about has like a hundred different drinks.  Many don't have the big "bubbles" that can be drank with the enlarged straw.  My Royal tea does not.

I need someone like you to try their Royal tea so you can use your secret Asian knowledge to tell me how to make it!

How to make the tea itself? I bet you its not that hard. People nowadays usually use powder mixtures that you can buy directly from the store. Boil some water, add water, mix, add ice, then the tapioca and youre set. To make the tapioca, you buy the balls which come off as these small hard balls. Put them in boiling water and put the lid on. After a few minutes they enlarge and poof, like magic, you have your tapioca balls and you can put as much as you want because those assholes are too lazy to keep making more so they give you little bits.

Or you use real tea and just add sugar or syrup.

The tea I'm talking about does not have the little bubbles in it.

...I have a general idea of what's in it.  It's milk, tea (I think it's black) and some sort of sweetener but that's not good enough... I need the exact recipe because it's perfect!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2009, 11:33:04 PM »

Yeppers. And they even have different flavours and consistency. So theres tea, brewed and whatnot, then theres shakes, and whatnot and so on and so forth. I spent most of my young Asian years drinking it. Still do.

the place I'm talking about has like a hundred different drinks.  Many don't have the big "bubbles" that can be drank with the enlarged straw.  My Royal tea does not.

I need someone like you to try their Royal tea so you can use your secret Asian knowledge to tell me how to make it!

How to make the tea itself? I bet you its not that hard. People nowadays usually use powder mixtures that you can buy directly from the store. Boil some water, add water, mix, add ice, then the tapioca and youre set. To make the tapioca, you buy the balls which come off as these small hard balls. Put them in boiling water and put the lid on. After a few minutes they enlarge and poof, like magic, you have your tapioca balls and you can put as much as you want because those assholes are too lazy to keep making more so they give you little bits.

...I have a general idea of what's in it.  It's milk, tea (I think it's black) and some sort of sweetener but that's not good enough... I need the exact recipe because it's perfect!

So it's actually a tea? Like something that can be brewed and whatnot? None of that Asian enterprise bullshit.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Tiervexx

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 11:40:17 PM »

So it's actually a tea? Like something that can be brewed and whatnot? None of that Asian enterprise bullshit.

I think so... but I am guessing based on how it tastes.  I am hardly an expert on teas which is why I could use someone like you (or probably many of you on the box) to help me analyze it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15  All   Go Up