THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Correct Way to drink tea  (Read 39747 times)

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
Re: The Correct Way to drink tea
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2009, 11:57:35 PM »

Charlie! You're from the South, right? My friend is from there too and he made the best iced tea that has ever touched my lips. Do you know how to make it cuz I don't. He was telling me the ingredients and directions but I couldn't follow. Something about Lipton Iced Tea, brewed, then chilled. Is this right? Then you add a fuckload amount of sugar and ice? 

I put the tea (bags are easier) in cool water and let 'em steep for some time; that requires less
ice than if you actually brew the tea with boiled water.

What kind of tea? Normal black lipton tea bags right? then I place them in cool water and let it steep for a bit. Take out the bags, and add some sugar/honey and serve with ice and lemon slices?
That's about it....

Lipton's fine, Tetley's Ok...  Honestly, I've been using the Target-store house brand
("Market Select", about $3 for 100 regular-size individually-wrapped tea bags), and
it's entirely acceptable.

So I live in Canada and we don't have that. But thanks anyway. Unless you don't mind sending me a package through the mail.

I'm SO excited to try it!
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »

Lipton's fine, Tetley's Ok...  Honestly, I've been using the Target-store house brand
("Market Select", about $3 for 100 regular-size individually-wrapped tea bags), and

So I live in Canada and we don't have that. But thanks anyway. Unless you don't mind sending me a package through the mail.

As nearly as I can tell, iced tea is not the domain of tea snobs...
Try whatever brand of black tea you can find cheap, or splurge on Lipton.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 01:42:56 AM »

As nearly as I can tell, iced tea is not the domain of tea snobs...
Try whatever brand of black tea you can find cheap, or splurge on Lipton.

I had Japanese iced tea once. I was not very fond of it, then again I was only 7, so my tastebuds were not mature.

Then I went over to a friend's house who made Southern iced tea and I downed all 7 glasses of it.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:51 AM »

What exactly do they use to sweeten that fountain sweet tea? I genuinely felt nauseous after attempting to enjoy it a couple of times. It doesn't even taste of tea, just.... sweetness.

I did like the hi5 pink lemonade that came out of the same fountain. There's definitely a market for that here.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 02:05:04 PM »

What exactly do they use to sweeten that fountain sweet tea? I genuinely felt nauseous after attempting to enjoy it a couple of times. It doesn't even taste of tea, just.... sweetness.

I did like the hi5 pink lemonade that came out of the same fountain. There's definitely a market for that here.

We were discussing REAL iced tea. Not the fountain crap. Thats probably why you felt sick.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »

We were discussing REAL iced tea. Not the fountain crap. Thats probably why you felt sick.
QFT

The fountain stuff is made in huge batches, sweetened to death (often with corn syrup), chemically stabilised
to prevent staleness, then condensed to a syrup for easy transit...  This is not a nice thing to do to tea.

They do this to appeal to people used to drinking fountain soda (srsly, do you KNOW how much sugar is in
a 12-ounce Coke?)

The answer is 39 grams = about equal to a bit more than 7 1/2 tsp (US) or just under 11 teaspoons (UK) of granulated sugar...
   :o

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 07:58:47 PM »

It's all like that. I had some posh stuff in made to order and it was still just.... sugar.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2009, 08:03:48 PM »

It's all like that. I had some posh stuff in made to order and it was still just.... sugar.
Sorry... on behalf of the tea-preparers in my country, I apologize apologise.....

When my (coffe-aholic) sister's in town, we sometimes go to Starbucks and I'll drink their iced tea.
It's weak, but if you tell the person fixing it to go easy on the simple syrup, it's not bad.  Of course, it is waaaaay over priced...

Tiervexx

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »

I had no idea that soy milk would be very sweet...  Of course the drink I've been talking about is really not that sweet either... interesting.

Sounds possible.... Next time I'm there I'll ask and hope they don't just tell me it's a secret :buck2:

hell yeah dude, soya milk is REALLY sweet. Naturally really sweet.

UPDATE, yesterday I was in there and I asked him.  He said it was just Black Tea and a non dairy creamer.  I neglected to ask if there was also sugar or artificial sweetener in there.  I'm not sure if there is or not since it is moderately sweet but I don't know how sweet the creamer might make it.

You know of any drinks that fit this description?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:33 PM »

I had no idea that soy milk would be very sweet...  Of course the drink I've been talking about is really not that sweet either... interesting.

Sounds possible.... Next time I'm there I'll ask and hope they don't just tell me it's a secret :buck2:

UPDATE, yesterday I was in there and I asked him.  He said it was just Black Tea and a non dairy creamer.  I neglected to ask if there was also sugar or artificial sweetener in there.  I'm not sure if there is or not since it is moderately sweet but I don't know how sweet the creamer might make it.

Dude, I gotta tell you something. I'm not Asian. On the bright side I do know what I'm talking about most of the time. .........hahaha made you look.

I suggest you try making a bunch of teas until you get the one you like.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Tiervexx

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »

Dude, I gotta tell you something. I'm not Asian. On the bright side I do know what I'm talking about most of the time.

Goddamit! I already thought of that... I was hoping you had a suggested recipe I could start from...

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »

Dude, I gotta tell you something. I'm not Asian. On the bright side I do know what I'm talking about most of the time.

Goddamit! I already thought of that... I was hoping you had a suggested recipe I could start from...

Some bubble tea café's give away their recipes AND share the ingredients with the public (ie, have a bag of the tea that makes most of the teas on their menu). Nomsay?
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Tiervexx

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2009, 02:55:25 PM »

Some bubble tea café's give away their recipes AND share the ingredients with the public (ie, have a bag of the tea that makes most of the teas on their menu). Nomsay?

really?  damn... I'll have to ask.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »

It would seem that our Colonial friends stil think that Tea is some sort of sugar beverage to be drunk in a myriad of unneccesarily complex and artifical ways...............
please just try a nice cup of tea made with a decent kettle and some well chosen tea leaves
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2009, 01:39:40 AM »

my requirements; madura premium, hot water, milk and maybe a bikkie to dip  :coolsmiley:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15  All   Go Up