THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Correct Way to drink tea  (Read 41710 times)

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
Re: The Correct Way to drink tea
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2011, 12:56:26 AM »

Sometimes i fancy green tea too, but because it's harmful to drink more than 2 cups each day, i seldom brew it.

Really?

Green tea is very healthy and only has about 1/4 the caffeine of coffee.  What is bad in it?  And even caffeine does not have completely negative effects.

I'm a little exceptional kind of green tea drinker because i had kidney stone and had an operation about it last year. Doc told me to drink green tea, but not more than 2 cups per day because it would harm my kidney if i drank lots of green tea, and on the box of the tea it's written "1-2 cups of green tea is enough per day" probably because of tein.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2011, 09:32:03 AM »

Sometimes i fancy green tea too, but because it's harmful to drink more than 2 cups each day, i seldom brew it.
Really?

Green tea is very healthy and only has about 1/4 the caffeine of coffee.  What is bad in it?  And even caffeine does not have completely negative effects.
I'm a little exceptional kind of green tea drinker because i had kidney stone and had an operation about it last year. Doc told me to drink green tea, but not more than 2 cups per day because it would harm my kidney if i drank lots of green tea, and on the box of the tea it's written "1-2 cups of green tea is enough per day" probably because of tein.

white tea is even healthier
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »

Really?

I've never heard about it before. I googled, but there's no much information. I wish could find it around here  :-\

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2011, 09:16:34 PM »

I admit that this is one of those areas where I only know ONE WORD, but perhaps google can help you....

OXALATES
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2011, 04:31:53 AM »

I admit that this is one of those areas where I only know ONE WORD, but perhaps google can help you....

OXALATES

i knew about spinach, parsley, berries, etc but i didn't know oxalates was the reason i shouldn't drink tea. thank you very much. btw i'm a really big fan of any kind of tea, i don't know how to avoid drinking :-\

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2011, 06:35:01 PM »

Really?

Green tea is very healthy and only has about 1/4 the caffeine of coffee.  What is bad in it?  And even caffeine does not have completely negative effects.
I've never heard about it before. I googled, but there's no much information. I wish could find it around here  :-\

regular tea is made from all the buds on the flower stalks from tea plants.
green tea is made from the two tea buds at the very tip of the flower stalk.
white tea from the tea bud at the very tip.

the buds nearer the tip are less mature, and allowed to dry on the plant.
this means the nutrients are less oxidized, and less fermented,
thus healthier.

the Wikipedia article isn't a bad place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_tea
getting started:

further back:

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »

Really?

Green tea is very healthy and only has about 1/4 the caffeine of coffee.  What is bad in it?  And even caffeine does not have completely negative effects.
I've never heard about it before. I googled, but there's no much information. I wish could find it around here  :-\

regular tea is made from all the buds on the flower stalks from tea plants.
green tea is made from the two tea buds at the very tip of the flower stalk.
white tea from the tea bud at the very tip.

the buds nearer the tip are less mature, and allowed to dry on the plant.
this means the nutrients are less oxidized, and less fermented,
thus healthier.

the Wikipedia article isn't a bad place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_tea

Thanks a lot for sharing, i'll try to find it any time soon  O0

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »

green tea is almost as good as white tea ...
getting started:

further back:

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2011, 03:51:15 AM »

i just discovered a sassafras tree growing in my backyard today.  there will be roots brewed.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2011, 12:35:23 PM »

i love the shape of sassafras leaves!

(the tea is tasty too)
getting started:

further back:

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2011, 01:17:30 PM »

it's relaxing tea, and has other benefits i can't remember right now, but i think it helps allergies.  it makes a good smell-pretty for your house or car, too.  i've been known to strip a small bit of root and toss it on the car floor; i've never been partial to artificial air fresheners, but bits of nature often work really well; especially in summer as they dry out.

i used to know a story about the leaves and their three different shapes.  it was about a native american boy and the three different shapes of mittens his mom made him as he grew up and needed to pick up sticks, and eventually shoot a bow, because the leaves are straight, and also shaped like a mitten with thumbs, and also shaped like a mitten with thumbs and a little finger.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »

i heard the indian boy mitten story eons ago, among others ...
getting started:

further back:

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »

i heard the indian boy mitten story eons ago, among others ...
yeah, i've tried to remember how it goes exactly so i can teach it to mr fetus (our budding grandchild's nickname) when the time of comprehension comes.  hearing it as a kid, even though i thought it was kinda silly at the time, meant i never failed to identify the leaves.  i've never heard any others, though.  feel free to relate them, if it pleases you.  i would love to hear em.

actually, i've been thinking about making a gardening/botany thread; we just moved to a property that formerly spent years as a woman's giant flower/herb/vegetable garden/farm, and the land here is incredibly fertile, and i know just about fuckall about planting.  the internet's been a big help, though.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »

plant a couple of fruit trees; my next-door neighbor has a pear tree in her yard.

#@!

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2011, 02:27:07 PM »

i'm cloning my fig tree from the old property, and it is going in on the side of the house, even if the cloning process fails and i have to transplant the whole thing (it seems to be working, though, i have managed to coax it to produce a few wispy roots already).  there is some sort of tree already fixing to produce, i think it is plums but i haven't looked it up yet.  in a few minutes i am off to get yet more dirt so i can plant a really nice dogwood i got also.  and, i planted a wisteria.  i love flowers.  yeah, i do.  i've never really planted anything, so i'm wondering how it's going to go, but i'm trying to do it right.

i've also put in some squash to see how it does, and i'm trying a few artichokes.  and, of course, a watermelon vine.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  All   Go Up