THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brigade ReUnion 2010 - Boston think all brigades would/could attend?  (Read 18125 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Brigade ReUnion 2010 - Boston think all brigades would/could attend?
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2009, 04:09:29 AM »

excellent.... i will try to get the fully working WKAP muppet musical ready for this as well
(working on having a narrator puppet....lots of puppet mimes and songs  from the album, dealing with a strange plot of multiple deaths )
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2009, 04:14:53 AM »

excellent.... i will try to get the fully working WKAP muppet musical ready for this as well
(working on having a narrator puppet....lots of puppet mimes and songs  from the album, dealing with a strange plot of multiple deaths )
Awesome

(you know the bit at the end of girl anachronism where the green dress/big wig Amanda flies out the 1st floor window into the bushes?)
it always reminded me of the muppets. The Paradise DVD had the muppet theme too if I recall  :)

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2009, 04:18:13 AM »

yup..... I am envisioning trying to do something quite eloborate with set for this to allow a real muppet show feel to the proceedings...... I am also planning on making the main cast puppets multi operator to allow dual arm movement.....anyway enough about this for the mo....I will give it its own thread as soon as I have some firmer ideas about plot etc

@raliel

jtaylor

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2009, 07:58:49 PM »

I am still interested in helping to plan this if you would like my help.

Merk

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »

I think there should be 2 Reunions :P one in Europe (most likely the UK), one in the States...
this is just my selfish way of thinking because there's no way I will be able to afford it, since I'll be saving money to move out and live abroad next year.. :-\
the time around the fringe would be good idea

ylferb

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

If I can afford it (which is unlikely with it being in the States, but still) - and possibly even if I can't - I will do my utmost best to be there.

Maimmino

• test
  • Too lazy to set a custom title [url=http://macgallery.net/] hedonism ii pictures [/url]
    • test
Brigade ReUnion 2010 Boston think all brigades would/could attend
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 06:02:13 AM »

If it does happen... give me 7 points with florida texas or bama and we could make a friendly wager? A Big friendly wager.
Too lazy to set a custom title what is hedonism 

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 07:36:42 AM »

I must admit that I’m more interested in this idea now than I was a couple of months ago. Has it fizzled out?

If there is still some enthusiasm I’ll do some brainstorming and think of ways to make it feasible.

First idea I had would be to get local alternative shops on board. Let them sell their wares for a fee. With all these alternative people together in a room they couldn't possibly resist.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 08:48:56 AM »

I must admit that I’m more interested in this idea now than I was a couple of months ago. Has it fizzled out?

If there is still some enthusiasm I’ll do some brainstorming and think of ways to make it feasible.

First idea I had would be to get local alternative shops on board. Let them sell their wares for a fee. With all these alternative people together in a room they couldn't possibly resist.

It hasn't frizzled out but the word from the AFP camp is with or without brian and Amanda we should do it anyway.
Good Idea on the shops etc.
I think I need to get homecamper Len involved or any other bostonians on the ground as I am in england which is less than useful as my only tools are the internet and google earth for venue search.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 09:04:57 AM »

no trained spy pigeons?.... you sir, are slipping!
yes to any help I can give although it would appear that I am also trapped in the whole uk thingy too

@raliel

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 10:59:48 AM »

It hasn't frizzled out but the word from the AFP camp is with or without brian and Amanda we should do it anyway.
Good Idea on the shops etc.
I think I need to get homecamper Len involved or any other bostonians on the ground as I am in england which is less than useful as my only tools are the internet and google earth for venue search.
Also in England I'm afraid...

And quite right. With something like this you need to have local knowledge. Some things can be done online but scouting for venues (and looking for local equipment rental businesses) is a job best left to those in the area. It’s easier to negotiate a deal… Also, sometimes you get venue floor plans online or emailed to you but find that when you check out a place it has more restrictions than you thought. I.e. you can’t put things in certain places for health and safety reasons. Sometimes there might be difficulty finding enough power points or a venue might enforce a rule where they do not permit multi-socket adapters.

I think that a few kinds of checklist would be a good place to start (after finding a few local recruits).

Some kind of complete list of essential requirements.

*Does the venue have adequate parking and transport links
*Does the venue have equipment or furnishings etc you can use (tables chairs, PA system, refreshments,) or do they charge an additional fee.
*Same goes for staff. Do you need to hire security etc.
*How early does the room become available for preparation.
*How late is the room available for packing up after.
*Do organisers clean up any mess, or do the venue have staff that do that.
*What are the policies for room usage. I.e. Can loud music be played/performed? Can people consume food and drink in the room? Is there an age restriction on who is allowed in etc.
*Does it meet special requirements. For instance, if you wanted people stilt walking you would need an adequate roof height. If you have something big to bring into the room, are the doors big enough and are there any awkward corridors to manoeuvre around
*Are there secure areas to lock away valuable equipment (like instruments).
* Is there an area where visitors can safely leave their belongings if they need to. (If not, is it worth facilitating this, and perhaps issuing a small charge that can recoup some costs?)

If we can make the list as comprehensive as possible it takes the pressure away from anyone who might go to checkout the venues.

The same kind of list would be good for equipment but it is worth considering what the likely types of events are first: For instance, Musicians are performing but how many at one time? This will determine the type of mixing desk you get away with using, the number of leads (and spare leads you need) to hook to the desk. The number of likely musicians might also determine size of the area you will need to designate for the stage if there is not already a stage or focal point.

A good way of taking this forward would be to find relevant local musicians to help out and give them a slot to perform in. It will be easier to get things moving if they have this added bonus.   

jtaylor

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »

I am also still very interested in this and would like to help plan, although I am not in Boston.
I am not entirely sure if I can go if it happens before December 2010 but we'll see. 
I keep on suggesting we should form a planning committee and actually start planning something but maybe I am the only one who likes that idea.

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »

Hey heya I've been away from the box for a good amount of time, and am just seeing this.

I think this is a swell idea. I think it also involves contacting a lot of old brigade members independently ..because sadly there's a large amount of folks that are no longer grazing these boards.  I think it would be a fantastic 'where are they now' type of thing, as well as a glorious celebration.

Right now the brigade has fizzle a bit, which is obviously not to say its dead.  It's just at a transitional point.  It needed a certain type of circumstance to grow and survive, so like some sort of fabulous virus, it needs to mutate and create something new for the current environment.   A lot has changed, and the brigade has changed a LOT of lives.  which....is..brilliant wonderful and beautiful.

There have been many talks of the future of the brigade, and what will happen...but I feel like..a big way to start with it is to get as many of these crazy freaks from the past together, as well as new friends...and see what we want. I feel like for a lot of people the brigade was like a seed planted into our artistic spirits.  It's amazing to see what has happened with folks since then, so I whole heartedly support this idea...but it has to be done right.

I don't know how big it will be.  I am currently moving into a massive loft in boston that I can hold events at.  I feel like we could also have a mini reunion that might evolve to a bigger brigade celebration event.

also :::big wave to old friends:::

-Liz
drawsomethingawful.com
twitter.com/LizGrammaticas

Mary-Fay

• carved up and pretty
  • My therapist.
    • Twitter
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2009, 01:34:46 PM »

Hi.
So... it's been a few years for me. Yes, I would love to do this. I miss everyone.

I'm... back.
-M.

jtaylor

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »

I am still very interested in this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up