THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AFP tarot  (Read 16176 times)

Merk

Re: AFP tarot
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »

looking at my card now, i think could of done better,

lucyanna

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »

Same. Every time I look at mine I can see little bits that I could have done differently or should have spent more time on.
Quote from: totalfrog
I am declaring April to be the International Month of Vajazzling. This means it's now sparkly and guaranteed to make you giggle.
Quote from: Kayla
WHEN I SMITE FOES I WILL SHOUT LUCEEEEOOT
http://www.flickr.com

overratedtoejam

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2010, 12:48:58 PM »

Same. Every time I look at mine I can see little bits that I could have done differently or should have spent more time on.

count me in on this one.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2010, 12:54:09 PM »

count me in on this one.
me too, audrey still likes it tho P:

Lani

• I am composed of around 90% biscuit dough.
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »

*BUMP*

Hey what ever happened to this? Am I the only one who wonders this? We all put so much work into our cards, we want to see them become real!

There was an email sent out a while ago, saying they didn't want to rush the whole thing so it's been postponed to 'fall' this year... I shall find it now and quote for anyone who didn't read it...

"Hello Artists! I've got a quick update for you all to keep everyone up to speed.

The deck's release has been decided to be pushed back to Fall of next year (2010) to make sure we're not rushing this and to make sure that everything is done right. We've got an amazing collection of artwork going into this deck, and thank you all again for the hard work you spent creating these pieces. For those of you who sent in physical copies of your work, you should have an e-mail confirmation letting you know that it arrived, if you do not, please let me know.

It's been decided that a website will accompany the deck, for good reason. This way, we can easily organize and display everything you've sent in as well as add a few more touches to the overall deck experience. We're planning on linking a page directly to buy the deck and we'll make sure each of you receive it in case you'd like to share the deck with friends.

Other features we're planning to include are:
- Print-by-commission prints of the cards
- Links to basic tarot information
- A possible online tarot spread/reading

If you have any ideas on what we'd be able to add to the website, please be sure to respond back with them. One of our fellow tarot artists, Chris Lowrance (chris@chrislowrance.net), has offered to help with the planning and creation of the website. Please be sure to CC him in the e-mail so that we can discuss your ideas.

And that's it for today, if you have any questions, feel free to respond back with them and I'll answer them as quickly as possible.

Brent"

I have a little art blog at: www.laniarts.blogspot.com

HeatherRoseStudios

• ...and russia was a candy store...
    • HeatherRose Studios
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

Thanks Lani. I never got that email, I don't know why.

Anyway, I'm glad they aren't rushing it then.

I think I remember them saying that they weren't sure if they were going to credit the artist in a book that will accompany the cards, or on a website. I guess this means that they have decided to go with the website. I am a little disappointed in this, because it seems kind of cheap to not credit us directly. When someone goes "wow I like the art on this card, I wonder who it is?" and then when they look for an artist name and don't find one, how many people are actually going to go online to look it up? It's too much work, so most people will not do that.

I'm honored that they chose me to illustrate one of the cards, but as a professional illustrator, if a client refused to put my name in the product that my art was associated with (unless it was in the contract that I would not be credited), I could get them in a lot of trouble.

Obviously, we aren't getting paid for this, and I would never try to do anything about it, but it just kind of pisses me off. How hard would it be for them to just put one extra card that lists the artist's names? I doubt it would cost any more to do that. Then they could still do the website with all the extra awesome stuff they are planning to do.

Oh well... I guess I shouldn't have expected much in the first place. But still, for someone like Amanda who is all about starving artists and musicians, I just thought she'd try harder to make sure we got our credit.

Support starving artists, take me to Denny's!

Merk

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »

hmmmm, do you think we would be able to do another one? cos i have a scanner now and it would be in such better quality etc.

HeatherRoseStudios

• ...and russia was a candy store...
    • HeatherRose Studios
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »

I was wondering that too... because I didn't even sign my painting. (because #1 rule of illustration, you are NEVER allowed to sign the work).But if I'd known we wouldn't be credited, I would have signed it anyway.

I am going to find out if, since there is more time, we can re-submit them after fixing and touching things up. Because mine could use some touch-ups too...

And I noticed a lot of you feel that you would have fixed some stuff if you had time...

I'll let you know if i get any response.

Support starving artists, take me to Denny's!

Lani

• I am composed of around 90% biscuit dough.
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 07:05:51 AM »

Yeah I can understand them maybe not putting ALL of the info in with the deck itself, but I think there should at least be a list of names, who created which card... Surely that wouldn't be too much to ask...
I have a little art blog at: www.laniarts.blogspot.com

Die Baume des Winters

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »

Is there any update on this? Is it still happening?

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »

Is there any update on this? Is it still happening?

Good question. -_-
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

JohnnyDBBUK

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2010, 04:18:43 AM »

ETA bump  ^-^

Amelia

• Kill it with fire!
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2010, 03:09:10 PM »

Have we had any recent updates on the tarot deck? I think it's really a shame that we aren't getting any feedback especially with the hard work that was put into this. I was so excited about the whole thing, but by the looks of things, it isn't going to manifest into anything and I feel like its been swept under the carpet. It would have been truly beautiful.

JohnnyDBBUK

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »

Bob

• art stuff
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »

So uh.. since it has been so long, is it still uncool to share images of our finished piece?  I'm patient, but it feels like this has been dropped maybe?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up