THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs to play at your funeral  (Read 20770 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Songs to play at your funeral
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 02:33:06 AM »

the soundtrack to Harold and Maude needs to be added to my list
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Wednesday Friday

• they can land that plane on my heart I don't care
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 02:35:14 AM »

^ Cat Stevens FTW?

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 02:46:52 AM »

indeed
although i am liking the Sound of silence addition..... I would probably also add the original filmscore to F.W.Murnau's Nosferatu to the mix....probably for the moment my sarcophagus is placed into the mausaleum
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

THE BLACK SHEEP

• whats the point of love if you only give out ,,
  • just a long walk alone ,,,
    • www.facebook.com/matthew.fry3
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 08:17:46 AM »

ok guy/ girls

ive got 2 songs , one i would love to to have done to express my passion , love by the dasboard light , meat loaf , and this would be awsome amanda doing time of you life green day

:icon_rr:
wanting to just hug one friend , once to make a perfect moment to die in,

marie_x

• lovefool
  • <3
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 12:02:32 AM »

Definitely Good Riddance by Green Day, yeah.
trust me, he's no valentine. though he said he would be mine, his heart is in alaska all the time.

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »

All i know is I want a LIVING FUNERAL and its clothing optional. Fuck yeah.  :D
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 02:15:13 AM »

You mean an orgy?
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 08:12:25 AM »

Something by CocoRosie, one of those sarcastic songs like Noah's Ark or Armageddon. That is supposing I die young and have a Catholic funeral which would be provided by my parents (fuck you very much) so playing one of CocoRosie's songs would be like saying "fuck you too, Jesus."

Then The Organ Donor's March by Vermillion Lies which isn't very restrained but I'd hate my funeral to be that way and I am an organ donor.. or will be.. when I'm dead.. and such.

And definitely one or two tracks by Sarah Slean and one would HAVE to be from Night Bugs and I'd be inclined to say Duncan or St. Francis, maybe both. I wouldn't mind Hear Me Out being played too.

Have To Drive too and maybe something by Regina Spektor.

I give you these in detail, my compatriots, because you must execute these wishes for me when I die because, whenever anybody talks about funeral music, they get funny looks.

AnnaBeck

• I'm the Agatha Christie of punkrock muffucker
    • Anna A. Fungus
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 08:16:01 AM »

The Smiths - Asleep
I imagine all the people

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »

Something by CocoRosie, one of those sarcastic songs like Noah's Ark or Armageddon. That is supposing I die young and have a Catholic funeral which would be provided by my parents (fuck you very much) so playing one of CocoRosie's songs would be like saying "fuck you too, Jesus."

;D Likewise, of the main specifications I have about my funeral is that it should not under any circumstance be in a Church or have any religious associations whatsoever. But if it were forced upon me, and I wouldn't exactly be around to protest, I'd like to have something like Mess by Ben Folds Five, " I don't believe in god so I can't be saved".

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 10:48:33 AM »

;D Likewise, of the main specifications I have about my funeral is that it should not under any circumstance be in a Church or have any religious associations whatsoever. But if it were forced upon me, and I wouldn't exactly be around to protest, I'd like to have something like Mess by Ben Folds Five, " I don't believe in god so I can't be saved".

I'd go for something obvious too but the priests here usually listen to the songs first before approving them for a funeral so something seemingly sweet like CocoRosie would be perfect.

A neighbour's brother died and they had trouble getting the priest let them play Guns 'n' Roses. :/

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »

I'd go for something obvious too but the priests here usually listen to the songs first before approving them for a funeral so something seemingly sweet like CocoRosie would be perfect.

A neighbour's brother died and they had trouble getting the priest let them play Guns 'n' Roses. :/

WTF you can't refuse/censor a dead person's final wish for their funeral, that's insane!

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »

WTF you can't refuse/censor a dead person's final wish for their funeral, that's insane!

Completely.

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »

You mean an orgy?
Nooo haha just everything is better naked, so the world should just be clothing optional! O0
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

MeAndMyCharms

• Apologizing in advance
  • you don't Nomi
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 07:19:56 AM »

No funeral for me. Everybody just has to get shitfaced drunk and scatter my ashes off the top of a tall building onto all the passing people below while singing Fairytale of New York by the Pogues as loud as possible
riding the cotton camel
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Up