THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs to play at your funeral  (Read 21543 times)

pawni

Re: Songs to play at your funeral
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »

The Breaking of the Fellowship - it's the song played at the end of the first Lord of the Rings film. It's so beautiful I could die and have my funeral tomorrow. And the lyrics are wonderful as well.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »

Amazing Grace.

my mom keeps on telling me she wants us to play that song at her funeral and I keep asking her not to tell me that.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

Vinny

• This time, it's personal.
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »

Run Baby Run by Garbage; Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters; All Apologies by Nirvana.

Nothing that is too much of a downer, really. I'm already fucking dead, so I think my loved ones would already be a little sad, so some "live your life to the fullest" songs. And yeah, I know that All Apologies doesn't fit in that category, but it could play at the beginning, before the more cheerful songs. Only because I truly dig that song.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

KC

To err do-heinous-shit is human, to forgive let-the-bastards-get-away-with-it divine....

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2010, 01:30:40 AM »

Run Baby Run by Garbage; Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters; All Apologies by Nirvana.

Nothing that is too much of a downer, really. I'm already fucking dead, so I think my loved ones would already be a little sad, so some "live your life to the fullest" songs. And yeah, I know that All Apologies doesn't fit in that category, but it could play at the beginning, before the more cheerful songs. Only because I truly dig that song.

Completely unrelated. My friend and a man who I had the pleasure of working with, are both in Tracey Fragments.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

MauraLeeBee

• give me a philosophy, and I'll probably quote some Fitzgerald :)
  • & & &
    • Writing blog
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2010, 12:28:26 AM »

I think, at my funeral, I would want certain songs that really described a lot of aspects of my life. I mean, we all have our ups and downs, but sometimes our lives can turn into emotional roller coasters. Ere go: the playlist must be varied, and deep, and make people both happy and sad, like they're experiencing something completely unique and beautiful, something that life is/can be/will be...

Yellow - Coldplay
Walk Through Hell - Say Anything
Laughing With - Regina Spektor
Northern Downpour - Panic at the Disco
Ampersand - Amanda Palmer
Keep Breathing - Ingrid Michaelson
Evelyn Evelyn - Evelyn Evelyn
The Garden You Planted - Sea Wolf
Stars/World Spins Madly On - The Weepies
The Guardian Song - Pokemon 2000
Sing - The Dresden Dolls
Lullaby - Jason Webley
marmite does not lend itself to a painting medium

NO ONE CAN STARE AT THE WALL.

The King of Carrot Flowers

• 67 Indja Points
    • Surviving in a World of Stylish Peril
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2010, 12:40:02 AM »

"Someone To Watch Over Me"

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2010, 08:47:08 AM »

if i die, and i am researching alternatives, i used to think i wanted marc almond's 'jacky' playing at my funeral, but since i have calmed down and live more monogamously and have let go of most of my plans for world domination as time-consuming and taking away from my scheduled hours of indolence, i'd rather have a forlorn bunch of trumpeters present when my friends launch the flaming arrows to the longboat containing my corpse and worldly treasures drifting away in oxford lake.

also, the longboat pyre's gonna have to burn fast.  oxford lake's about two and a half feet deep.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »

I'm giving my body to a body farm, I think. Let it rot in a nice natural way, but be of use to my fellow man at the same time. I didn't want to get buried alive by accident, so I was plumping for cremation, but this is less environmentally horrid, so it's win-win!

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2010, 02:43:04 AM »

even though i believe we're getting cremated together i want ALL of mozart's requiem played, at least during the wake since no one wants to hang out with dead people for that long

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »

I'm giving my body to a body farm, I think. Let it rot in a nice natural way, but be of use to my fellow man at the same time. I didn't want to get buried alive by accident, so I was plumping for cremation, but this is less environmentally horrid, so it's win-win!

Why do they call them farms? It's got nothing to do with agriculture & makes it sound like a necrophilliaics Centre Parcs!
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »

Why do they call them farms? It's got nothing to do with agriculture & makes it sound like a necrophilliaics Centre Parcs!

lol, it really really does...... but nevertheless! What're you doing with the Whattycorpse? Posting it to Emily Booth with a rose between it's teeth?

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »

lol, it really really does...... but nevertheless! What're you doing with the Whattycorpse? Posting it to Emily Booth with a rose between it's teeth?

I was planning a viking funeral on the log flume at Alton Towers.
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2010, 04:45:10 PM »

Awesome.

Your new av scares me.

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:44 PM »

Awesome.

Your new av scares me.

Sorry, I needed to change my av & I had a choice of 5 or 6. This was the tamest (a couple I think would have been removed by the mods pretty quickly should I have choosen them)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »

Awesome.

Your new av scares me.

Sorry, I needed to change my av & I had a choice of 5 or 6. This was the tamest (a couple I think would have been removed by the mods pretty quickly should I have choosen them)

Why change it? I liked your old one :(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  All   Go Up