THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do with your ART FAQ  (Read 4477 times)

beth of all trades

• Joan of Arc
  • formerly girlwithacameranyc
    • beth hommel dot com
What to do with your ART FAQ
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:50:27 PM »

A wonderful Art FAQ, compiled by Brent with a wee bit of editing by me:

Q:  I made AFP-related art!  What do I do with it?

A:  First and most importantly, e-mail your artwork to us at art@amandapalmer.net.
When sending in your artwork, please include a few pieces of information for us:

- Your name or an alias or nickname that you would like the work credited to.
- The title of your piece.
- How we can get in touch with you in the future. Please include as many methods of contact as possible, since sometimes people change their email addresses.
- A twitter screenname (possibly the quickest form of online communication for us, next to e-mailing)
- A link to your personal website, deviant art account, fanart page, etc.
- Your permission to publish, either electronically or in print, your artwork.  Including this information allows us to use your artwork in mailer letters, twitter feeds, or within the art gallery at amandapalmer.net.  Some other examples of past art-use include inclusion in the Dresden Dolls companions, the Yes, Virginia CD art--- and some merch items even started their lives as fan art!  (Although if we're going to use your art for a non-digital medium, we will get in touch with you first.)

So's you know, we do not post EVERYTHING we receive on amandapalmer.net or as the Twitter ART OF THE DAY.  We can't guarantee that your art will be used if you send it to us, but we do look at everything that comes in.  Also, do not feel discouraged if you don't hear from us immediately. We have quite a lot of art pieces arriving daily and we may get backed up at times. We will get back to you as soon as we can.

Q:  I sent my art to art@amandapalmer.net.  Now what?

A:  Post your artwork for your fellow fans, artists and shadowboxers to see in the ART section of theshadowbox.net (aka here).   You may post your artwork in a new thread or collaborative thread of fellow artists. We also encourage you to view other artist's pieces and leave your comments.  The community, it will set us free.

Q:  I made a piece of art I want Amanda to have!  How do I get it to her?

A:  Straight answer:  you CAN send paintings and sculptures and such to Amanda using the mail address on her website, but the best way to make sure she sees it is to email a photograph of it.  That also makes it way easier for us to post it on the webpage and on Twitter, because it eliminates the step of us taking a photo of it (and you can ask the box of art that's in Beth's hallway waiting to be photographed, sometimes it takes a while.)

Q:  I have a question that isn't answered here!  Who should I ask?

A:  If you need anything art-related or have questions, email us:
art@amandapalmer.net

Love,
Beth

Pages: [1]   Go Up