THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VIDEO: Amanda Palmer with sister Alyson performing Delilah at Edinburgh  (Read 3403 times)

albunde

Well, hello there....

I went to the recent Edinburgh gig at the Picture House and filmed this... I thought you might like to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f1EkwHlUpc

love,
bunde xx

Merk

Re: VIDEO: Amanda Palmer with sister Alyson performing Delilah at Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »

i'm glad someone recorded this, it was awesome [:
you should mention that the drummer from the indelicates is in it also.

bambiraptor

• ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - heat magazine
  • (:
    • twitter.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »

I just sat with my mum and watched that, and she immediately asked me to put that song on her iPod.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 06:43:01 AM »

you should mention that the drummer from the indelicates sucks.

FIXED :)

overratedtoejam

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »

you should mention that the drummer from the indelicates sucks.

FIXED :)

oh yes, most definitely compared to brian.

but, it made me smile to see amanda and her sister perform together. O0

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »

thanx!
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Julie Fern

• Lack of
  • PHILIP! Look at me! I'm a stamp.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 12:30:21 PM »

Obviously, Ed wasn't as good as Brian, but he's still goddamn sexy.

contradictionary

• www.lauraflojo.com
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 01:24:44 PM »

I dunno if I find myself getting too used to Brian's drumming and/or having too high expectations for drumming to DD songs so no other drummer seems to sound right...

overratedtoejam

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »

I dunno if I find myself getting too used to Brian's drumming and/or having too high expectations for drumming to DD songs so no other drummer seems to sound right...

i feel the same way, except for a very few other drummers (though brian's still my favorite). brian just has such a unique way of putting so many different styles of drumming together. i've honestly never seen anybody play like him, not even close. another thing, he plays with immense emotion in a way that makes you feel the music and not just listen. he's a wonderful guy and an amazing drummer O0

contradictionary

• www.lauraflojo.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 06:41:49 PM »

i feel the same way, except for a very few other drummers (though brian's still my favorite). brian just has such a unique way of putting so many different styles of drumming together. i've honestly never seen anybody play like him, not even close. another thing, he plays with immense emotion in a way that makes you feel the music and not just listen. he's a wonderful guy and an amazing drummer O0

I find that he knows exactly where to put an exaggerated beat in a song where it suits the lyric/Amanda's action on the keyboard, I think it's their connection I "miss" when seeing her with another drummer. I say "miss" as I've never seen them perform together, but from what I've seen it's one hell of a musical connection. Something that can't be created with any drummer borrowed for a gig or two.

overratedtoejam

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »

I find that he knows exactly where to put an exaggerated beat in a song where it suits the lyric/Amanda's action on the keyboard, I think it's their connection I "miss" when seeing her with another drummer. I say "miss" as I've never seen them perform together, but from what I've seen it's one hell of a musical connection. Something that can't be created with any drummer borrowed for a gig or two.

yeah, he's got quite a way of emphasizing emotion in a song. its a shame you haven't seen them perform together. it makes a fantastic show. hopefully they'll play together again when they feel they can.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 12:29:08 PM »

johnny apparently has rather strong views on musicians.....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Shanneeen

• just as long as you were on my side
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »

yeah, he's got quite a way of emphasizing emotion in a song. its a shame you haven't seen them perform together. it makes a fantastic show. hopefully they'll play together again when they feel they can.

god. i've never seen the dolls perform together either.. i want it to see them SOOO badly... i hope they play together again soon..

and yeah, Brian is the best drummer ever in my opinion <3

contradictionary

• www.lauraflojo.com
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »

god. i've never seen the dolls perform together either.. i want it to see them SOOO badly... i hope they play together again soon..

My first drummer love had to be Dave Grohl. I went through a major teenage phase of Nirvana being my favourite band (and will always have a special nostalgic love for them) but I'd say Brian may have indeed taken the title of favourite drummer now. Though I am going to see Them Crooked Vultures in Edinburgh so I'll see if Dave can compete for the title. :D

overratedtoejam

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »

My first drummer love had to be Dave Grohl. I went through a major teenage phase of Nirvana being my favourite band (and will always have a special nostalgic love for them) but I'd say Brian may have indeed taken the title of favourite drummer now. Though I am going to see Them Crooked Vultures in Edinburgh so I'll see if Dave can compete for the title. :D

in my opinion, dave grohl did a better job with QOTSA. maybe that's because i really don't like nirvana haha.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up