THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EDDIE IZZARD: MARATHON MAN  (Read 2406 times)

Katherine May Williams

EDDIE IZZARD: MARATHON MAN
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »

Anyone who follows him on Twitter knows what he's been doing these past few weeks.

http://twitter.com/eddieizzard

He finished his 36th marathon earlier today.

Amazing. No words for it.

He'll be finishing in Trafalgar Square on Tuesday September 15th.

I for one will be there to (attempt to) snog him. (Or at least cheer, wave, smile.. act like the proud fan/human I am.)

I wish I had more money to sponsor him. He deserves to raise billions for this.

http://www.comicrelief.com/donate/eddie

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Eddie Izzard's epic UK run
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »

I will try to be there too!
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »

I will be in Trafalgar Square that day, as I am every working day. I'm easy to spot, i'm the one with a cigarette in one hand, coffee in the other, steering with my knees.
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:14:40 PM »

I will be in Trafalgar Square that day, as I am every working day. I'm easy to spot, i'm the one with a cigarette in one hand, coffee in the other, steering with my knees.  On a good day, there will be a little old lady embedded in the grille of my lorry.  :toothy5:

Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 04:20:42 AM »

Kenny Wisdom

• Desire in a Bowl of Potatoes
  • Emmett does peace; his way.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »

I will be in Trafalgar Square that day, as I am every working day. I'm easy to spot, i'm the one with a cigarette in one hand, coffee in the other, steering with my knees.  On a good day, there will be a little old lady embedded in the grille of my lorry.  :toothy5:

It's not always a coffee, either...
http://www.diggers.org/overview.htm

A life played for keeps. Read it, dig it, man...

Laissez lire, et laissez danser; ces deux amusements ne feront jamais de mal au monde!!

Greg Nova wrote:
Harper tu n'es qu'un petit couillon!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »

Don't judge...  A man's gotta do what he's gotta do to preserve his sanity on the job.

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »

If you are implying what I think you are Mr Kenny ( :jerk:) I can't do that driving up Whitehall. The plastic bag over my head & cord wrapped tightly around my throat is a dead giveaway!
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »

If you are implying what I think you are Mr Kenny ( :jerk:) I can't do that driving up Whitehall. The plastic bag over my head & cord wrapped tightly around my throat is a dead giveaway!
I took his implication as an attempt to vilify your entirely responsible comsumption of modest quantities
of alcohol throughout the day.  Again, I think it's entirely normal and acceptable.

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »

I took his implication as an attempt to vilify your entirely responsible comsumption of modest quantities
of alcohol throughout the day.  Again, I think it's entirely normal and acceptable.

I never, ever drink during the week. Not even in the evenings. It's not worth risking my license as I start work early each day.

Plus it nulifies the effect of the ketamine I take each morning!

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »

So.

Eddie Izzard: Marathon Man, Episode 1: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00r8zr8/Eddie_Izzard_Marathon_Man_Episode_1/

Eddie Izzard: Marathon Man, Episode 2: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rfh51/Eddie_Izzard_Marathon_Man_Episode_2/

Eddie Izzard: Marathon Man, Episode 3: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rjv12/Eddie_Izzard_Marathon_Man_Episode_3/

F-U-C-K-I-N-G. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

You will cry.

You will wince.

You will resolve to go running (but probably won't actually go running.)

You will wonder whether Eddie Izzard has ever had therapy & decide that if he hasn't, he fucking should.

(If you can't watch on the iPlayer, all the episodes are currently up on YouTube (unofficial-like, divided into 10-minute sections, obv.)

WATCH IT.

:headbang:

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
Re: EDDIE IZZARD: MARATHON MAN
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »

Oh my GOD I love him. I mean, he's been right on up there with the people I just want to be since I was about 12 (there's a lot to be said for being swimming about secondary school and thinking ohgodohgodIthinkI'mbidoesthismakemeabadpersonshiiiiit and then seeing a straight transvestite being magnificent - hugely comforting! the fact that he's stupidly smart and talented helps, of course. Aaaand close brackets xD), but this has just... I dunno. I feel like one of those whiny indie kids who tell everyone they liked that band before they were famous xD So proud. Oooh, and he's SO ace!!

Katherine May Williams

Re: EDDIE IZZARD: MARATHON MAN
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »

Oh, should mention, the programmes are being repeated on BBC3 this week (and they were still up on YouTube & the iPlayer last time I checked) and you can still donate-to-the-cause/sponsor Eddie at:

https://www.sportrelief.com/whats-on/challenges/eddie/donate

They accept most cards (including Visa Electron, students!) and (importantly, for non-UK-people and the paranoid) PayPal.

He's raised over £1.3 million so far. :headbang:
Pages: [1]   Go Up