THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Family & relationship advice needed!  (Read 6341 times)

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
Re: Family & relationship advice needed!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »

So I bought a kilt, have been wearing it for a while, and I love it. . . it is just so comfortable and stylish!

However; problem.

My father still doesn't know about it. . . and, I found out last night, he made a comment to my mother and sister (im not sure how the topic of men wearing skirted garments came up), that only gay men would wear a kilt.

So...how am I going to reconcile this? As he WILL see me in my kilt at some point in the next month.

I dare your dad to go to Scotland and say that.
They'd knock him seven shades of dead.

Haha, that's what I was thinking. I already know that a kilt is the most masculine garment I can possibly wear. But what do I say to him?

tell him that it was a long, difficult, emotional struggle accepting yourself as a scotsman, and that if he loves you he will understand that it is not your choice to be a scot, but rather the way you were made.  and, if he gives you any trouble, whack him with your shillelagh.  : )

if he still thinks a kilt isn't butch enough, show him this guy:

i'm by no means the femme sort of les bean, but it's not unusual for the mood to strike me to go to work in a great-kilt.  just, not on days i ride the motorcycle.

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »

Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

LibertyOfProperty

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 11:43:41 AM »

So I bought a kilt, have been wearing it for a while, and I love it. . . it is just so comfortable and stylish!

However; problem.

My father still doesn't know about it. . . and, I found out last night, he made a comment to my mother and sister (im not sure how the topic of men wearing skirted garments came up), that only gay men would wear a kilt.

So...how am I going to reconcile this? As he WILL see me in my kilt at some point in the next month.

Haha, that's what I was thinking. I already know that a kilt is the most masculine garment I can possibly wear. But what do I say to him?
Make sure that when he sees you in your kilt, you're also making out with a girl. Irrefutable evidence that kilts aren't just for the gays.

Well..unfortunately, she and I agreed to give each other "Space" for now, so that isn't the best option. =P

However; problem.

tell him that it was a long, difficult, emotional struggle accepting yourself as a scotsman, and that if he loves you he will understand that it is not your choice to be a scot, but rather the way you were made.  and, if he gives you any trouble, whack him with your shillelagh.  : )

if he still thinks a kilt isn't butch enough, show him this guy:

i'm by no means the femme sort of les bean, but it's not unusual for the mood to strike me to go to work in a great-kilt.  just, not on days i ride the motorcycle.

Lmao; great! And yes I am not even scottish. . . I'm Sicilian by ancestry (American by culture), but this utilikilt is far too awesome for that to get in the way. By the way, that's the point of a utilikilt, to be an American product. =)
"He gave [property] to the use of the Industrious and Rational, (and Labour was to be his Title to it;) not to the Fancy or Covetousness of the Quarrelsom and Contentious."

-John Locke. The Second Treatise. Property. Section 34. Line 5.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »

Lmao; great! And yes I am not even scottish. . . I'm Sicilian by ancestry (American by culture), but this utilikilt is far too awesome for that to get in the way. By the way, that's the point of a utilikilt, to be an American product. =)

then, the gladiator:

it doesn't get more manly than that.

stallionbreaker

• whose real name is Anna
  • Apr├Ęs moi le deluge
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 02:04:04 PM »

However, I don't know if it will convince him he's wrong.
you're obviously not gonna die,
so why not take your chances and try?

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »

then, the gladiator:

If, by 'manly', you mean super-duper-gay, you're absolutely right.
(Maybe if the guy had a shirt on or something....)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 03:01:34 AM »

If, by 'manly', you mean super-duper-gay, you're absolutely right.
(Maybe if the guy had a shirt on or something....)

i think what makes it so shimmeringly gay is the fact that the back is a modest few inches longer than the front.  it's fetching.

LibertyOfProperty

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 08:41:22 AM »

No it couldn't be the fact that the side covering the left leg is conveniently missing. . .
"He gave [property] to the use of the Industrious and Rational, (and Labour was to be his Title to it;) not to the Fancy or Covetousness of the Quarrelsom and Contentious."

-John Locke. The Second Treatise. Property. Section 34. Line 5.

Merk

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »

then, the gladiator:

i have one of those

Brittany

• agent_smart
  • So bright, it's like redundant to have the sun out
    • myspace
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 09:01:14 AM »

Sorry to hear that, GI.  I'm glad that you're trying to get out of the situation.  The cost of an apartment depends on where you live and what you want to rent.  Why don't you take a look on www.craigslist.org?  You can also find numerous apartment complexes on www.apartments.com.  As for a free place to live, maybe you could look up hostels online?  Aside from that, you may need to get the authorities involved, if you want some temporary assistance from the government. 
Cover it in mustard, clap your hands 3 times, close your eyes and say "Go to the fucking doctor"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up