THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sainthood  (Read 14784 times)

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
Sainthood
« on: October 18, 2009, 04:33:32 PM »

Tegan and Sara's new album is coming up. Sainthood will be released 27 october (in some countries a few days before that), and it will be streamed online on 20 october. But, the album has already leaked, so a lot have probably already heard it. To keep things together, instead of spamming the random thought topic, I thought I might make a thread dedicated to the album. So post your thoughts about it here!

I listened to it yesterday evening, and it has been on repeat since then. I really love all the songs. It has quite a different vibe, compared to the previous albums, but I am really digging it. The lyrics seem more mature to me. My absolute favourite at the moment is Someday, but as I said, all the songs are amazing.
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
Re: Sainthood
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »

I feel like reposting my post for being naughty and nearly spamming..but i shall hunt for some songs from the album right now and report back to base!
Just because your mom slept with her doesn't make her a lesbian.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 04:44:17 PM »

Haha nooo, it isn't that much spam actually. But I thought this would be a bit more clear, instead of quoting all the time in the other thread :)
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:47:57 PM »

Was thinking about downloading it earlier but I didn't because Johnny guilt tripped me and then I felt bad so I decided not to.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
  • We have got to take cover, brother.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 05:31:38 PM »

I'm excited.  O0

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »

I love it.

Especially north shore and Paper back head.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »

Ah yes, Northshore. I want to scream along to it, but I don't know the lyrics completely yet :P

Jo Just Go Nameless

• I spread my legs for venus...
  • Right in the canuck...
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 08:05:35 AM »

Hmmm my two cents,

Back when the Con was first released I downloaded the advance for a friend I had recently just met and who was obsessed with Tegan and Sara so that she could hear the album (on an aside, she's now my gf) and I listened to it knowing who the band was, and having So Jealous on my computer but never really playing it or being a big fan. On initial listening, I did not like The Con really at all. The title track and Soil Soil immediately stood out and I loved them but I just didn't get the rest. I hated Like O Like H and Floorplan especially. Then, after listening to the album again and a lot it grew to be one of the best albums I had heard in the past few years and the two tracks I hated became my firm favorites...

Sooooooo in the run up to Sainthood, my gf and I were discussing it and whatnot and she was insanely excited and had very high hopes for the record, had overplayed the live versions from rifflandia and was prepared to be blown away. I on the other hand remembered how the Con was for me and wasn't expecting anything from Sainthood as I thought it would be another grower.

After us both listening to the leak ( I know, naughty naughty) she is really not digging it so much. On the first listen I immediately knew I was going to like it and was very pleasantly suprised. I love that it's different and that they have grown and the sound sounds much fuller and accomplished. I love that they didn't rest on their laurels and churn out The Con v 2.0 and actively experimented. Sara's songs are all amazing, and I think Tegan has came out with a few risks and pulled them off really well. I can sense that people may be turned off by this album because of the lack of a 'Call It Off' or 'Soil, Soil' type song on the album and reading fans reviews I keep hearing that over and over again but I think the more people give it a chance and listen to it they'll grow to love it as much as they love the con. At the moment, I'm really enjoying Sentimental Tune yup.

Wednesday Friday

• they can land that plane on my heart I don't care
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 09:42:56 AM »

^ Interesting thoughts. I think I am in the same camp as your girlfriend, though. I had a lot of expectations after The Con, it's been one of my favourite albums of these past 2 years. I loved it because although it was catchy pop music, it was also strange and interesting and had so much depth to it. It was strong lyrically as well, you could listen to it many times over and discover new things each time, and come up with endless interpretations. Sainthood seems very straight up and down to me. I was a bit taken aback by the direction they went with in terms of the overall sound and direction. When I first heard that Chris Walla would be producing it again I was excited because I thought he did an excellent job helping them to craft the sound of The Con, the beautifully weird, delicate arrangements and the subtle electro elements. Everything just meshed so perfectly. Musically so far I have found Sainthood to be rather boring and generic, not only that, I think it often sounds disjointed and jarring (not in a good way) and doesn't flow very well. Lyrically also I don't think there's anywhere near as much depth as there was to The Con.

I don't want to be cynical but it is a much more accessible and commercial sounding record, so I can see how that would appeal to their ever expanding and increasingly younger fanbase. Although whether that was intentional or not I don't know.

Anyway, I'm gonna give it time, and maybe it will sound way better on the proper CD when it arrives...hope it's a grower.

Jo Just Go Nameless

• Right in the canuck...
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 10:13:27 AM »

I don't want to be cynical but it is a much more accessible and commercial sounding record, so I can see how that would appeal to their ever expanding and increasingly younger fanbase. Although whether that was intentional or not I don't know.

I have had similar thoughts upon hearing it the first time round as well, I think that a lot of the songs sound very 'rock lite' to me on this album, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing but it makes me like some of the songs a little less. 'Northshore' for example, seems like it should sound a little les polished than it does, I think though that it will be a lot better live when the instruments sound a little tougher, a little more real because at the moment I listen to it and hear it sounding like something that wouldn't be out of place on an Avril or Miley record :-\ I am excited to hear the songs live though, I think it will really enhance some of them.

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 10:26:31 AM »

I have had similar thoughts upon hearing it the first time round as well, I think that a lot of the songs sound very 'rock lite' to me on this album, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing but it makes me like some of the songs a little less. 'Northshore' for example, seems like it should sound a little les polished than it does, I think though that it will be a lot better live when the instruments sound a little tougher, a little more real because at the moment I listen to it and hear it sounding like something that wouldn't be out of place on an Avril or Miley record :-\ I am excited to hear the songs live though, I think it will really enhance some of them.

Yeah I absolutely agree. I think the songs may very well work much better in a live setting. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Hush

• this is where it ends.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »

So I was a bad girl and downloaded the leak as well (will be buying the album though). I listened to the whole thing a few times and I really like it! I think The Cure is my favorite so far; it's really poppy and it's so very Lovesong, but not to the point where it becomes a rip-off (like Lady Sovereign's So Human ripped of Close To Me. ughh.) I also really like Hell, Northshore and The Ocean. I think out of Sara's songs, Arrow and On Directing are my favorites so far but I'm gonna have to listen to her songs a bit more to really decide.. They usually take me the longest to get into, but I do love her songwriting.

bec

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »

I've probably listened to the album 6 or 7 times now, and I really like it. to me, it will never be as good as The Con but that's okay. I got to know Tegan and Sara through that album so I think it will always be my favourite. I also like that this is the first album where Sara has the majority of the songs  :tongue7:

Chris Con

• God is a place where some holy spectacle lies.
    • My twitter...
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 11:05:53 PM »

i think all the songs are really good. im lovin sainthood & cant wait for the bonus tracks.
btw, sainthood will be officially streaming online tomorrow (the 20th)
even though us here have already heard it....
just thought id mention

Mandaz087

• Im good for nothing, will u love me just the same?
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »

currently listening illegally lol but hopefully i'll have a copy soon...

i have to say so far it's really grown on me. the first time through i thought it was decent, but as i keep listening incessantly it just sounds better and better.

to be honest, t&s can really do no wrong in my opinion  :icon_rr:
*Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.*

susaninaday

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 12:56:08 AM »

The whole album's on their myspace now :)

Jo Just Go Nameless

• Right in the canuck...
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 07:04:30 AM »

I also like that this is the first album where Sara has the majority of the songs  :tongue7:

She did? I thought that it was 6 songs each and then the one they co-wrote :S

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 07:35:36 AM »

I also like that this is the first album where Sara has the majority of the songs  :tongue7:

I think you are right. They both worked on Paperback Head.

• Holding out for a
  • Don't be afraid of the dark ages darling...
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 07:48:56 AM »

I can't find it. This is probably a good thing.
What a fucking thunder cunt thing to say.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 07:53:03 AM »

I can't find it. This is probably a good thing.

They are streaming it from today until october 27th on their myspace :)

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 09:01:51 AM »

I think it is slowly growing on me...I guess it doesn't really matter because I will force myself to like it anyway lol.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 05:48:03 PM »

i hate arrow. i really do. it will probably grow on me at some point but i cannot listen to it.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

slyvia k

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 05:51:46 PM »

well honestly i have way too much music i love (including old tegan and sara) to force myself to like this. :tongue7: i gave it a second try, but still, i really don't like the sound, so i deleted it from my itunes.

Cirque

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 05:54:15 PM »

i hate arrow. i really do. it will probably grow on me at some point but i cannot listen to it.

You're insane.
Arrow is a fricken incredible son, Don't rush is my favorite though.

The two I still don't really recognise are Nightwatch and Sentimental tune.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »

You're insane.
Arrow is a fricken incredible son

that, yes :)

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »

its the first 30 seconds that i can't listen to. i don't know, there's just something about it. i love t&s; i really do, and i love the rest of the album as well. i am just not crazy about arrow.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

Fair enough. I really like it though, including the intro. I starting to love the album more and more each time I listen to it.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 06:58:50 PM »

yes, it's definitely an amazing album. i'm not sure if i prefer it to the con, because they are so different. in fact, everything they do is very different.

love this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w30A_EseQjs
amanda, 2005-04-15

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

yes, the old demo stuff! :headbang: I really should listen to those more...

Also, I read that some people think that Tegan sounds at some points like Amanda on the new album. I am not really hearing it...

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »

Also, I read that some people think that Tegan sounds at some points like Amanda on the new album. I am not really hearing it...

what songs does tegan sing?

also, how does one go about figuring out who is doing what.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »

what songs does tegan sing?

also, how does one go about figuring out who is doing what.

It's not that hard to find out which songs are Tegan's.... or well, I can hear it pretty well (99 percent of the time), vocally and you can hear difference in songwriting style.

Her songs (which she wrote, and has lead vocals on) are:
- Don't Rush
- Hell
- The Cure
- Northshore
- The Ocean
- Someday

bec

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »

right you are. I guess I meant... Sara is singing the lead vocals in the majority of the songs (although I guess Tegan sings a lot in Paperback Head, too)  :buck2:

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »

Im actually really obsessed with this album now, and i only started listening to it today.

bec

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »

Im actually really obsessed with this album now, and i only started listening to it today.

same, except I started listening a couple of days ago and have been obsessed ever since. I think I'll need to take a break from it soon, or I'll be tired of it before I even receive my CD...

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 07:47:58 PM »

same, except I started listening a couple of days ago and have been obsessed ever since. I think I'll need to take a break from it soon, or I'll be tired of it before I even receive my CD...

But its hard to stop!! I tried earlier..

bec

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »

I know... I have such bad self discipline. I might have even skipped class today so that I could spend the day cleaning my room and blasting Sainthood because nobody else is home.  :embarassed:

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »

I know... I have such bad self discipline. I might have even skipped class today so that I could spend the day cleaning my room and blasting Sainthood because nobody else is home.  :embarassed:

"there's something so sick about this, sainthood is so addictive" ;)

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »

"there's something so sick about this, sainthood is so addictive" ;)

Its still on..The first thing i did when i got back from my lecture was load it up! I wish theyd have more dates in the uk/europe generally.

Jo Just Go Nameless

• Right in the canuck...
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »

[

Its still on..The first thing i did when i got back from my lecture was load it up! I wish theyd have more dates in the uk/europe generally.

I'm pretty hopeful that they will tour Europe more extensively for Sainthood still and that this tour is just the initial shorter tour for the albums release. They played a much bigger UK tour (can't comment on Europe) for The Con, then came back to play a couple of shows (much like this tour coming up) so I think they'll tour again with more dates. Annoying thing is that looking at the tour dates already announced for Canada/USA, another European tour wouldn't be until April/May at least :(

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »

[

They played a much bigger UK tour (can't comment on Europe) for The Con, then came back to play a couple of shows (much like this tour coming up) so I think they'll tour again with more dates.
Last time I think they played more shows in general. They came to my state for the Con, and they aren't this time around (...yet).

And mar, that two-on-two thing was really funny, ha. Did they say that'd be daily until the CD comes out?

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »

[

They played a much bigger UK tour (can't comment on Europe) for The Con, then came back to play a couple of shows (much like this tour coming up) so I think they'll tour again with more dates.
Last time I think they played more shows in general. They came to my state for the Con, and they aren't this time around (...yet).

And mar, that two-on-two thing was really funny, ha. Did they say that'd be daily until the CD comes out?

Yes, they are taking over spinner.ca for a week. First video was a behind the scenes one, second the Two on Two, and today there will be a new one.

http://www.spinner.ca/2009/10/19/tegan-and-sara-kick-off-their-spinner-takeover/

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »

On a whole I like the Tegan songs a lot better than the Sara songs. This is usually the case.

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 06:04:25 AM »

Music video for 'Hell' is weird but I looove it.
http://vimeo.com/7194696

☑✝
☒♀+cake

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 06:59:04 AM »

Well, I can really see it is made by the same guy as Back In Your Head. Cause at first I didn't really get that video either, and it started to make more sense the more I watched it. The video Hell is quite strange too, and it's not really making sense to me. So I probably have to watch it some more too ;)

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 07:31:57 AM »

I love it so much. Music videos are always the thing I look out for and wait for when people I like release new singles and I was really looking forward to this and I'm really not disappointed on any level. Even if I don't get it. I still absolutely love it.
It's odd.

☑✝
☒♀+cake

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 07:35:43 AM »

I agree. I didn't know what to expect at first. Then I saw a photo of the shoot, and knew it was going to be weird. But still, I didn't expect it to be this weird. But it's all in a good way, cause I like it. Just need to watch it a few more times, and then I'm sure I am going to love it instead of liking it.

bec

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 07:42:54 AM »

1:25 cracks me up every time I watch it. Sara with the poodle cut out, just sitting there playing with the origami fortune teller.

I love it. So weird to see their foreheads, though. haha

oh and someone uploaded it here in the correct aspect ratio: http://vimeo.com/7198048

Jo Just Go Nameless

• Right in the canuck...
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »

The video seems to be removed, must have been a leaaaakkk

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »

Downloaded it just in time then :P

bec

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »

slyvia k

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »

i actually like hell. and the video's RAD.

tegan and sara confuse the shit out of me. sometimes i like their music, then i hate it, then i love it. wtf  >:(

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 09:18:46 PM »

hey you guys uh...

i like arrow.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 10:01:48 PM »

i actually like hell. and the video's RAD.

tegan and sara confuse the shit out of me. sometimes i like their music, then i hate it, then i love it. wtf  >:(

yeah i hated hell at first now i really like it. it would come up on my ipod and i'd think "what the hell is this paramore shit" before i realised who it was. but now i've been listening to the album a lot, it's probably the best/my favourite song on there.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »

2 days, 2 DAYS!! :D

ok, plus some more until i actually receive the stuff in the mail

Cirque

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2009, 04:51:25 PM »

All the Plunk demos rock.
But Yellow Demo is possibly the best collection of music I've ever heard and ever will.
Yes it's really that good, in my opinion at least.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2009, 04:52:45 PM »

anyone know where i can hear the sainthood bonus tracks?
amanda, 2005-04-15

Cirque

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »

You can get them (wrist and light up) on itunes.
But if you find somewhere else tell me please.
I don't have itunes.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »

You can get them (wrist and light up) on itunes.
But if you find somewhere else tell me please.
I don't have itunes.

They are not *that* hard to find... I think they are even on youtube already...

I love "Light Up" <3

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

All the Plunk demos rock.
But Yellow Demo is possibly the best collection of music I've ever heard and ever will.
Yes it's really that good, in my opinion at least.
I agree on the Yellow Demos. ...Maybe not the best music I've ever heard, but they are really really good.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »

The making of Hell: http://vimeo.com/7244642

"Nobody on the internet will understand it. That's how we like it."

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:06 AM »

Today is the day we are trying to make #sainthood a trending topic on twitter. It's already in the trending topics now. So let's all tweet the hashtag so it'll stay there today! :D

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 07:10:51 AM »

The album isn't a disappointment but it provokes little to no emotional response which, for me, was a major attraction to Tegan and Sara, they really provoked emotional responses from me. None of the songs are bad, but none are fantastic, in my opinion. I heard it when it leaked and preordered anyways, to get my IN/ON/AT books so huzza!

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »

The album isn't a disappointment but it provokes little to no emotional response which, for me, was a major attraction to Tegan and Sara, they really provoked emotional responses from me. None of the songs are bad, but none are fantastic, in my opinion. I heard it when it leaked and preordered anyways, to get my IN/ON/AT books so huzza!

You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about it. It's not bad and there's a lot I like about it, but it kind of left me cold, which was disappointing because their previous albums have always affected me quite deeply and compelled me to listen to them. I'm excited to get my hands on the books though.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »

You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about it. It's not bad and there's a lot I like about it, but it kind of left me cold, which was disappointing because their previous albums have always affected me quite deeply and compelled me to listen to them. I'm excited to get my hands on the books though.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Mostly because that means you don't feel what I feel when I listen to the album. I think it's great, even after listening to it on repeat for several times. I honestly do think there are fantastic songs on there. I would like to call them even brilliant. But yeah, that is my opinion, and everyone's opinion is different :)

I heard 'It Is Midnight' for the first time today. I love it. It's a great song :D

bec

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »

I have to agree, mostly. I do love the album, can't stop listening to it, but I have realised that none of the songs really affect me on an emotional level. The only thing I can think of that does maybe is a line in 'Someday', but the rest of the song... no.

That said, I don't really need to be affected emotionally to love an album - I listen to T&S for different reasons than I listen to Amanda.
Oh and the bonus tracks, which I only discovered last night, are made of win and definitely more "emotionally stimulating". Or whatever. It's early and words are failing me.  :embarassed:

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »

I have to agree, mostly. I do love the album, can't stop listening to it, but I have realised that none of the songs really affect me on an emotional level. The only thing I can think of that does maybe is a line in 'Someday', but the rest of the song... no.

That said, I don't really need to be affected emotionally to love an album - I listen to T&S for different reasons than I listen to Amanda.
Oh and the bonus tracks, which I only discovered last night, are made of win and definitely more "emotionally stimulating". Or whatever. It's early and words are failing me.  :embarassed:
Don't worry, I understand what you mean.

I'm waiting until I get mine in the mail to hear the stuff other than "Hell." I did the same thing with WKAP, and it's sooo hard!

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 12:52:26 AM »

Yeah. I need to check out the bonus tracks, once my internet stops moving at a sluggish pace. I agree about 'Someday' as well, and I think it's a really good closer to the album.

HAS ANYONE GOT THE BOOKS/CD YET?? I just tracked mine and they're in my city already, hopefully they get here tomorrow  :D

Kovacs

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 01:44:31 AM »

I love it, so far, but that probably could've gone without saying. We'll see how much lasting power it has.

And those of you who wanted heartstring pulls, check out Light Up. And ignore the non-drug-but-seriously-wha? reference.

bec

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2009, 03:22:54 AM »

Yeah. I need to check out the bonus tracks, once my internet stops moving at a sluggish pace. I agree about 'Someday' as well, and I think it's a really good closer to the album.

HAS ANYONE GOT THE BOOKS/CD YET?? I just tracked mine and they're in my city already, hopefully they get here tomorrow  :D

yep, my internet was extremely slow yesterday because my dad decided to exceed our download limit, so they took a good hour to download from iTunes. definitely worth the wait. I was so happy to find out they're both Sara demos.

still waiting for my books. if I knew how to track them, I would, but in the mean time I'll assume mine are also at least in the country... even though my email said they only shipped them yesterday  :D

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2009, 07:33:24 AM »

yep, my internet was extremely slow yesterday because my dad decided to exceed our download limit, so they took a good hour to download from iTunes. definitely worth the wait. I was so happy to find out they're both Sara demos.

still waiting for my books. if I knew how to track them, I would, but in the mean time I'll assume mine are also at least in the country... even though my email said they only shipped them yesterday  :D

They're easy to track! I didn't know how either but Mar told me (thanks Mar!):

You can track it by getting your order number from maplemusic.com, and go to Order History. Then you go to http://www.purolator.com and copy paste the order number in the reference searchbox. After that you get asked to narrow down your search, and you just fill in your country and zip code. You should see where the package is after that.

I got that email too but I figure they must have definitely shipped them earlier than the 27th because there's no way they'd even be in the country so fast. Yay!

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2009, 07:39:49 AM »

They are indeed shipped before the email. I'm still waiting for mine. It has been one and a half hour from my place since yesterday morning, 8am. It must be here today...

Edit: I checked again, and now the list says something different, and that city and 8am is nowhere on it... strange. Anyway, it is still close.

bec

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »

They're easy to track! I didn't know how either but Mar told me (thanks Mar!):

You can track it by getting your order number from maplemusic.com, and go to Order History. Then you go to http://www.purolator.com and copy paste the order number in the reference searchbox. After that you get asked to narrow down your search, and you just fill in your country and zip code. You should see where the package is after that.

I got that email too but I figure they must have definitely shipped them earlier than the 27th because there's no way they'd even be in the country so fast. Yay!

I tried that, but when I go to fill in my post code and/or country, it says nothing is found. hmm. if yours are in the country, then surely mine are too. so stoked there's an entire book dedicated to the Australian tour :D

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »

bec, I see I'm not the only one who has problems with download limits...  :buck2:

Mine was only shipped yesterday afternoon, but when I tracked this morning it says the package left Ohio at 3 am! It's soooo close!!

:D   :D   :D

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2009, 10:06:10 AM »

I just watched some videos of the new songs live. And I must say, they really touch me. More than on the album. I already love them, but hearing them live versions makes me appreciate the songs even more. Like, get a more emotional connection to them. I'm not sure how to explain it... :-\

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »

Now it's in Indiana! o.o

I enjoy package tracking WAY too much... I have a life, haha.

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »

From The Con, the songs Call It Off and Soil, Soil were two of the ones that I liked most and I'd been hoping for something similar to them on the album. You guys will both know there isn't but the bonus tracks made up for that, they're as close to what I'd been hoping for with this album as I got. Still, they, like the other tracks, lacked emotionally connecting qualities. It's a pity but the Quin twins haven't done themselves any disservice with Sainthood, there aren't any flaws to it.

I was so excited to get the email the books were finally being shipped.

Kovacs

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2009, 02:41:47 AM »

I find it surprising that Light Up isn't provoking more emotion. Personally I think it's the one of the most emotional songs they've ever written. I really wish it was on the album proper.

I mean:
"Credit my weak heart and strong mind to that bad circumstance, oh that terrible time
Would I’ve searched for myself, what would I find?
We’re eggshells and not easy to hold
We uncurl, and unwind when we sleep side by side"

bec

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2009, 03:44:13 AM »

I find it surprising that Light Up isn't provoking more emotion. Personally I think it's the one of the most emotional songs they've ever written. I really wish it was on the album proper.

I mean:
"Credit my weak heart and strong mind to that bad circumstance, oh that terrible time
Would I’ve searched for myself, what would I find?
We’re eggshells and not easy to hold
We uncurl, and unwind when we sleep side by side"

agreed 100%.

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2009, 03:52:45 AM »

THE BOOKS ARRIVED!  :D Omg, they're sooo pretty and awesome. The design, materials, quality, everything is just great. Definitely worth it. And I seriously think the album sounds way, way better played through my stereo on the proper CD.

I still haven't heard the bonus tracks yet dammit, where have people gotten them from? Can you buy them individually from iTunes or something?

Hope everyone else gets their stuff soon!

bec

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2009, 05:22:55 AM »

^ yay! so yours weren't damaged? I'd been reading some posts on the T&S forum where people said the boxes were damaged. hopefully mine arrive tomorrow.

I bought the bonus tracks from iTunes, you can now buy them individually. definitely worth it!

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2009, 05:28:15 AM »

^ nope, that sucks to hear that some were damaged but thankfully mine arrived in perfect condition. they're so good, hope you get yours tomorrow!

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2009, 07:08:25 AM »

Mine are really close and on the road, and will arrive today :D

And yes, the bonus songs can be purchased at iTunes individually, like bec said. Indeed more than worth the money!

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2009, 11:15:13 AM »

RAWR, I WANT MAH BEWKS.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2009, 02:31:02 PM »

I finally received my books and cd late this afternoon! :D They are awesome, and I only started reading the first 30 pages of the first book. These books will provide me lots of good times on lonely dark winter evenings :)

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »

AHHH!   :D  For the record, my box is pretty beat up...but everything inside appears to be fine.

I was sitting here on the comp when I saw the UPS truck drive away from my house. I yelled, "IT'S HERE!!!" to no one in particular, ran to the door, grabbed the package, almost tripped over a basset hound, grabbed scissors while still running, and sat back down here. Phew!

Hope everyone gets theirs soon too!

I'm so excited that I don't know what to do. The box is opened, but I dunno if I want to listen or read first... AHHH! Confliction.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2009, 06:10:27 PM »

Put the cd up, and read the book. Both problems solved :P There are so many awesome photos and stories in the books (I'm still at the first) :D :D

bec

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2009, 06:53:48 PM »

yay for you guys! glad you like them, it makes me more excited to get mine. if they don't arrive today and I have to wait till monday, then I'll be mighty sad...

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2009, 08:46:43 PM »

yay for you guys! glad you like them, it makes me more excited to get mine. if they don't arrive today and I have to wait till monday, then I'll be mighty sad...
I hope hope hope you get them! Really!

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2009, 09:55:01 PM »

I'm so apprehensive about tomorrow (technically today as it's almost 2 in the morning), I'll have to wait til Monday if they don't come

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2009, 01:56:39 AM »

i promise they will be worth the wait either way! it's so rad having a book dedicated to the Australian tour as well. it's just cool to read about their perspectives/experiences in all these places i'm familiar with, and concerts that i actually went to! it really brings back memories of last summer. i'm sure you'll find it equally as exciting.

bec

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 05:53:14 AM »

I hope hope hope you get them! Really!

thanks, but I didn't get them. :'(

i promise they will be worth the wait either way! it's so rad having a book dedicated to the Australian tour as well. it's just cool to read about their perspectives/experiences in all these places i'm familiar with, and concerts that i actually went to! it really brings back memories of last summer. i'm sure you'll find it equally as exciting.

yeah, I think that's what I'm looking forward to most. I can't wait to check out and recognise the places they went to, etc. sadly I couldn't catch them on tour though because the only Brisbane show they played was at a festival (and I was in NZ at the time). ahhh... I just want my books! haha. they're not sent as registered mail, right?

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »

FINALLY acquired the 3 bonus tracks. I love them all. I don't see why Wrists and Light Up couldn't have been given proper recordings, even IF they were just guitar.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »

I just got back from playing at show at this Halloween Block Party, and for my set I used a LOOP PEDAL. It was awesome.

So I randomly created this cover of "Hell" LIVE. I'll have video from the show either tonight or tomorrow. So when I got home, I tried to recreate what it sounded like.

Cue:
<a href="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer.swf/track=3332604826/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer.swf/track=3332604826/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/</a>

freee to download, if you'd like :)
edric, fka edgar.

edgar was TOTALLY there. i know because i hugged him

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »

I already replied it on twitter, but I gladly say it again: it's a brilliant cover Edgar!!! :love5:

I'm currently reading the 3rd book. Reading this one will take some time, since it contains some handwritten stuff from Tegan. And her handwriting needs some serious deciphering lol

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »

i think i may have discovered part of the reason sainthood didn't have the intended effect on me.

the speakers i've been using are shitty. like, really. they were made in the early 90s and are very tiny and are so weak they don't even require electricty. anyways, i finally got around to putting sainthood in the car only to find out that there is BASS in the songs. i know how ridiculous that sounds but it legit does not come through on the speakers. all of these songs which sounded so empty are actually FULL and BEAUTIFUL and TEN TIMES MORE AMAZING THAN I REALIZED.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2009, 02:42:03 PM »

I already replied it on twitter, but I gladly say it again: it's a brilliant cover Edgar!!! :love5:

I'm currently reading the 3rd book. Reading this one will take some time, since it contains some handwritten stuff from Tegan. And her handwriting needs some serious deciphering lol
Yes! I was reading the first, and one entry... I forget what it was about... but I gave up reading it, haha. Sara's is better.  ;D

I've listened to Sainthood a few times through now. It usually takes me about that long to really warm up to an album, and I really like it. I agree with what some have said on here, I like Sara's songs better, but I don't dislike Tegan's. Dunno who did it, but I love "Alligator" the best  :love5:

bec

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »

Yes! I was reading the first, and one entry... I forget what it was about... but I gave up reading it, haha. Sara's is better.  ;D

I've listened to Sainthood a few times through now. It usually takes me about that long to really warm up to an album, and I really like it. I agree with what some have said on here, I like Sara's songs better, but I don't dislike Tegan's. Dunno who did it, but I love "Alligator" the best  :love5:

haha, I can't wait to get my books and see her handwriting, since I keep hearing about how illegible it is. surely it can't be that bad!

and Bianca, I'm glad you like Sara's songs better!  O0 'Alligator' is a Sara song too. I read a post on the T&S forum where someone said that all of Sara's songs don't fit in with the album. I didn't reply, but seriously... wtf? her songs are half of the album, how can they not fit? haha :tard:

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2009, 07:30:05 PM »

i think i may have discovered part of the reason sainthood didn't have the intended effect on me.

the speakers i've been using are shitty. like, really. they were made in the early 90s and are very tiny and are so weak they don't even require electricty. anyways, i finally got around to putting sainthood in the car only to find out that there is BASS in the songs. i know how ridiculous that sounds but it legit does not come through on the speakers. all of these songs which sounded so empty are actually FULL and BEAUTIFUL and TEN TIMES MORE AMAZING THAN I REALIZED.

That is not ridiculous at all! In fact I had a similar reaction after listening to the CD for the first time on my stereo, in comparison to the leaked files on my computer/ipod speakers. There was a huge difference in sound quality, fullness and details that I'd never noticed before. So many people today only listen to music in really low quality, overly compressed mp3 formats, or through crummy speakers, or both. That doesn't do proper justice to the music at all, it loses a lot of it's complexity and depth. It's kind of a shame that for many people sound quality has been sacrificed in favour of easily accessible Mp3s or whatever where you can't really appreciate the full beauty/complexity of the music.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »

That is not ridiculous at all! In fact I had a similar reaction after listening to the CD for the first time on my stereo, in comparison to the leaked files on my computer/ipod speakers. There was a huge difference in sound quality, fullness and details that I'd never noticed before. So many people today only listen to music in really low quality, overly compressed mp3 formats, or through crummy speakers, or both. That doesn't do proper justice to the music at all, it loses a lot of it's complexity and depth. It's kind of a shame that for many people sound quality has been sacrificed in favour of easily accessible Mp3s or whatever where you can't really appreciate the full beauty/complexity of the music.

yeah, i totally agree. it's just crazy; the biggest example of the problem is on don't rush; the very beginning has the three ascending notes, but that was ALL THAT CAME THROUGH on my shitty speakers; there is the whole bass part but that was absent. the chorus sounds much better now, with it's musical PROGRESSION which was previously absent; all because of some crap speakers.
amanda, 2005-04-15

bec

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »

^ I also agree. I've yet to receive my CD, but even when I just plug my ipod into my stereo speakers I notice a huge difference compared to my macbook speakers. The songs are so much fuller and I love them even more. I imagine they'll sound even better when/if I ever receive my CD...

Kovacs

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:19 PM »

yeah, i totally agree. it's just crazy; the biggest example of the problem is on don't rush; the very beginning has the three ascending notes, but that was ALL THAT CAME THROUGH on my shitty speakers; there is the whole bass part but that was absent. the chorus sounds much better now, with it's musical PROGRESSION which was previously absent; all because of some crap speakers.

Not to mention missing the bass and some of the drumming is missing the Death Cab folks! That's a lot of talent right there.  :)

I've noticed this with certain albums, but with listening on earbuds verses open speakers. Ear buds are always better...I notice little details all the time. It was especially evident on the Dead Weather album, there's a whole lot of talking and yelling going on during the songs...it gives it such an authentic feel.

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2009, 01:09:00 AM »

So I'm listening to the bonus tracks for the first time. Wrists and Light Up =  :love5:. This is what I wanted/expected from Sainthood!

bec

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2009, 05:59:34 AM »

^ mhmm, I agree. I'm hoping they release more "bonus" tracks or B-sides that are similar.

I still haven't received my books. so sad. :'(

edit: just remembered that I will be seeing T&S perform on Conan in half an hour. that makes me slightly less sad.

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2009, 07:35:25 AM »

^ mhmm, I agree. I'm hoping they release more "bonus" tracks or B-sides that are similar.

edit: just remembered that I will be seeing T&S perform on Conan in half an hour. that makes me slightly less sad.
How was it? I never stay up late for those shows. I was like, sorry T&S, love ya, but...

bec

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:37 AM »

it was okay, they looked really nervous... especially Tegan. it kinda showed in her vocals, but it was still pretty awesome. I'm sure it will pop up on youtube soon, if it hasn't already.

it was hilarious watching them stand next to Conan at the end, though... he must've been at least a foot taller.

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2009, 07:52:03 AM »

Yeah, I really hope they release more B-sides as well, it sounds like they have a lot of interesting ones up their sleeves that they didn't feel fit with the album itself.

That sucks you haven't received your books yet :(. Maybe you should shoot off a quick email to maplemusic or purolator asking for an update on them, because it's a little strange that you weren't able to track them on the purolator site. Hope they arrive for you tomorrow/soon!

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2009, 06:31:55 PM »

Got my books and album yesterday.  IMMENSE LOVE FOR THOSE BOOKS and having them makes me like the album even more.  :D

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2009, 07:22:32 PM »

it was okay, they looked really nervous... especially Tegan. it kinda showed in her vocals, but it was still pretty awesome. I'm sure it will pop up on youtube soon, if it hasn't already.

it was hilarious watching them stand next to Conan at the end, though... he must've been at least a foot taller.
Just watched. Yeah, definitely sounded nervous when they started.  It was still good, I agree. My favorite thing was at the beginning, Sara did some little guitar moves that looked cool. I think they rocked it out.

And wow. I knew they were short, but is Conan a giant?? Ha.

bec

« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2009, 08:39:42 PM »

^ haha, yeah even when he wasn't standing next to Tegan and Sara, he still looked abnormally tall. like his legs are too long for his body or something. apparently he's 6'3", and I think Tegan and Sara have said they're under 5'3" or something. I also thought the guitar/foot stomp things Sara did were pretty cool!

That sucks you haven't received your books yet :(. Maybe you should shoot off a quick email to maplemusic or purolator asking for an update on them, because it's a little strange that you weren't able to track them on the purolator site. Hope they arrive for you tomorrow/soon!

so I emailed them yesterday and they still haven't got back to me, and my books are still MIA. I was reading posts on the T&S forum about it, and apparently there was some mistake with the printing of address labels, so some people ended up getting other people's packages in addition to their own. that's probably where mine is.  :-\

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2009, 03:45:49 AM »

^ haha, yeah even when he wasn't standing next to Tegan and Sara, he still looked abnormally tall. like his legs are too long for his body or something. apparently he's 6'3", and I think Tegan and Sara have said they're under 5'3" or something. I also thought the guitar/foot stomp things Sara did were pretty cool!

so I emailed them yesterday and they still haven't got back to me, and my books are still MIA. I was reading posts on the T&S forum about it, and apparently there was some mistake with the printing of address labels, so some people ended up getting other people's packages in addition to their own. that's probably where mine is.  :-\

Man, that sucks. I hope things get sorted out quickly, and you will receive it soon!!

Did you guys see the Interface performance? Did those songs sound even more amazing, or what? Tegan's backing vocals on On Directing are amazing. And yay for Shaun and Ted singing too  ;D

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »

Man, that sucks. I hope things get sorted out quickly, and you will receive it soon!!

Did you guys see the Interface performance? Did those songs sound even more amazing, or what? Tegan's backing vocals on On Directing are amazing. And yay for Shaun and Ted singing too  ;D
Ugh, that does suck bec...  :-\

Nope! I'll check out the Interface thing tonight.

bec

« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »

yeah, I can't see the videos on the spinner site because they're "not available in my region", but I checked them out on youtube earlier. so, so good! I was kinda hoping they'd perform them acoustic like they did with The Con, but it's still awesome to have good quality live recordings of the songs.

and yes, Tegan's vocals in On Directing and the guys singing back-up vocals were highlights.  :headbang:

bec

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2009, 05:18:01 PM »

double post FTW.

finally got an e-mail back from maplemusic and they're sending me another set of books because purolator are taking so god damn long to give them a response as to where my books are.

Edit: you can download 'Sheets' - the other song they wrote together - from here: http://www.sportsgirl.com.au/freebies/ for free. no idea how or why they have it, but Sportsgirl is a legit clothing store here so I'm trusting it's not dodgy...  :-\

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »

double post FTW.

finally got an e-mail back from maplemusic and they're sending me another set of books because purolator are taking so god damn long to give them a response as to where my books are.

Edit: you can download 'Sheets' - the other song they wrote together - from here: http://www.sportsgirl.com.au/freebies/ for free. no idea how or why they have it, but Sportsgirl is a legit clothing store here so I'm trusting it's not dodgy...  :-\

yay, at least you're not in limbo about the books anymore, hopefully they get to you next week!

and that is mega random about Sportsgirl having the B-Side for download. weird! anyway, i'm listening now, i love it! thanks for posting it.

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »

i can't figure out how to download "Sheets" from there :P
edric, fka edgar.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2009, 10:03:16 PM »

right click > save as,  for me.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »

right click > save as,  for me.

well what i meant was no link shows up when I go to the page :P
edric, fka edgar.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2009, 10:32:41 PM »

amanda, 2005-04-15

bec

« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2009, 11:16:16 PM »

so... did anyone else think the chorus of Night Watch went "so can't do it" and "I can't do it", instead of "so get away" and "I get away", respectively?

the song makes so much more sense now :tard:

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »

so... did anyone else think the chorus of Night Watch went "so can't do it" and "I can't do it", instead of "so get away" and "I get away", respectively?

the song makes so much more sense now :tard:

YES.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2009, 09:59:38 AM »

Sheets makes me wish they will release more songs from New Orleans. Love it.

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »

So I think I'm starting to become more of a Sara fan right now...I used to be all about The Tegan, but the recent Sara B-Sides etc are really swinging me.

Jo Just Go Nameless

• Right in the canuck...
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »

So I think I'm starting to become more of a Sara fan right now...I used to be all about The Tegan, but the recent Sara B-Sides etc are really swinging me.

Haha that's wierd because I have always been a Sara fan more than Tegan, but my fave song currently is a Tegan track, and my fave song off the Con is as well. I like them both, but definately love how textured and filled with parts Sara's songs are <3

Eeee getting excited as will be seeing them on Sunday.

bec

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »

^ahh! so jealous (haha). have fun!

I'm all about the Sara, have been since I first heard Tegan and Sara. I like most of Tegan's songs but there are a few that annoy me (Hop A Plane, Northshore, Someday), whereas there's not a Sara song I don't like. and of course the B-sides are awesome!

so I got my books! it was crazy... they re-sent them on the 6th and they were here on the 10th... and 2 of those days included the weekend. they're amazing. definitely worth the wait. :glasses9: I love that they went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary... that place is so cute, and so much nicer than crappy Australia Zoo. kinda bummed I didn't look at the photos on the gift shop wall when I was there last year!

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2010, 02:44:25 AM »

I love the album
But I love their other albums more
Christine O'Donnell is just like me. She's a gay left-leaner who masturbates daily.

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2010, 01:02:56 PM »

right now, i love sainthood more.
edric, fka edgar.

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2010, 02:02:09 AM »

I'm thinking

THE CON> SAINTHOOD
Christine O'Donnell is just like me. She's a gay left-leaner who masturbates daily.

Jo Just Go Nameless

• Right in the canuck...
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »

I am still finding more and more things I love about the album. I must say that the whole Alligator LP kind of didn't interest me in the slightest and so I went back and relistened to Sainthood more and I definately think that I like it just as much as the Con, and probably a little more. Musically, I think they are really finding their feet and have improved on each record and with every listen you hear a little bit more. I love that this record isn't as depressing as The Con and is a step away from it, artists who remain stagnant just bore you after a while. I do think that both Light Up and Sheets are strong enough to have been included. I hope more of the stuff they worked on this time round sees the light of day, and I'd love them to record the acoustic Feel It In My Bones <3

Holmes

• you're my
  • betch
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »

My name has been changed on fb to Sarah Sainthood-Holmes. I have no will to change it.

Sara ftw.

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2010, 07:32:32 PM »

I wasn't happy with the fact that they were going to do 17 remix's of Alligator because I didn't want to overplay it to myself. That's too many versions of one song. I also think they should have experimented with more songs.

I completely agree that they have been growing. I think that every album they put out just gets better and better. I really like their acoustic versions of everything, considering I just love acoustic music in general. I think they still have a long way to go. This is just the beginning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 [All]   Go Up