THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sainthood  (Read 14673 times)

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
Re: Sainthood
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2009, 09:59:38 AM »

Sheets makes me wish they will release more songs from New Orleans. Love it.
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

Wednesday Friday

• they can land that plane on my heart I don't care
    • myspace
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »

So I think I'm starting to become more of a Sara fan right now...I used to be all about The Tegan, but the recent Sara B-Sides etc are really swinging me.

Jo Just Go Nameless

• I spread my legs for venus...
  • Right in the canuck...
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »

So I think I'm starting to become more of a Sara fan right now...I used to be all about The Tegan, but the recent Sara B-Sides etc are really swinging me.

Haha that's wierd because I have always been a Sara fan more than Tegan, but my fave song currently is a Tegan track, and my fave song off the Con is as well. I like them both, but definately love how textured and filled with parts Sara's songs are <3

Eeee getting excited as will be seeing them on Sunday.

bec

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »

^ahh! so jealous (haha). have fun!

I'm all about the Sara, have been since I first heard Tegan and Sara. I like most of Tegan's songs but there are a few that annoy me (Hop A Plane, Northshore, Someday), whereas there's not a Sara song I don't like. and of course the B-sides are awesome!

so I got my books! it was crazy... they re-sent them on the 6th and they were here on the 10th... and 2 of those days included the weekend. they're amazing. definitely worth the wait. :glasses9: I love that they went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary... that place is so cute, and so much nicer than crappy Australia Zoo. kinda bummed I didn't look at the photos on the gift shop wall when I was there last year!

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2010, 02:44:25 AM »

I love the album
But I love their other albums more
Christine O'Donnell is just like me. She's a gay left-leaner who masturbates daily.

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2010, 01:02:56 PM »

right now, i love sainthood more.
edric, fka edgar.

edgar was TOTALLY there. i know because i hugged him

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2010, 02:02:09 AM »

I'm thinking

THE CON> SAINTHOOD
Christine O'Donnell is just like me. She's a gay left-leaner who masturbates daily.

Jo Just Go Nameless

• I spread my legs for venus...
  • Right in the canuck...
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »

I am still finding more and more things I love about the album. I must say that the whole Alligator LP kind of didn't interest me in the slightest and so I went back and relistened to Sainthood more and I definately think that I like it just as much as the Con, and probably a little more. Musically, I think they are really finding their feet and have improved on each record and with every listen you hear a little bit more. I love that this record isn't as depressing as The Con and is a step away from it, artists who remain stagnant just bore you after a while. I do think that both Light Up and Sheets are strong enough to have been included. I hope more of the stuff they worked on this time round sees the light of day, and I'd love them to record the acoustic Feel It In My Bones <3

Holmes

• you're my
  • betch
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »

My name has been changed on fb to Sarah Sainthood-Holmes. I have no will to change it.

Sara ftw.

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2010, 07:32:32 PM »

I wasn't happy with the fact that they were going to do 17 remix's of Alligator because I didn't want to overplay it to myself. That's too many versions of one song. I also think they should have experimented with more songs.

I completely agree that they have been growing. I think that every album they put out just gets better and better. I really like their acoustic versions of everything, considering I just love acoustic music in general. I think they still have a long way to go. This is just the beginning.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]  All   Go Up