THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sainthood  (Read 15273 times)

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
Re: Sainthood
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »

yes, the old demo stuff! :headbang: I really should listen to those more...

Also, I read that some people think that Tegan sounds at some points like Amanda on the new album. I am not really hearing it...

what songs does tegan sing?

also, how does one go about figuring out who is doing what.

It's not that hard to find out which songs are Tegan's.... or well, I can hear it pretty well (99 percent of the time), vocally and you can hear difference in songwriting style.

Her songs (which she wrote, and has lead vocals on) are:
- Don't Rush
- Hell
- The Cure
- Northshore
- The Ocean
- Someday
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

bec

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »

I also like that this is the first album where Sara has the majority of the songs  :tongue7:

She did? I thought that it was 6 songs each and then the one they co-wrote :S

right you are. I guess I meant... Sara is singing the lead vocals in the majority of the songs (although I guess Tegan sings a lot in Paperback Head, too)  :buck2:

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »

Im actually really obsessed with this album now, and i only started listening to it today.
Just because your mom slept with her doesn't make her a lesbian.

bec

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »

Im actually really obsessed with this album now, and i only started listening to it today.

same, except I started listening a couple of days ago and have been obsessed ever since. I think I'll need to take a break from it soon, or I'll be tired of it before I even receive my CD...

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 07:47:58 PM »

same, except I started listening a couple of days ago and have been obsessed ever since. I think I'll need to take a break from it soon, or I'll be tired of it before I even receive my CD...

But its hard to stop!! I tried earlier..

bec

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »

I know... I have such bad self discipline. I might have even skipped class today so that I could spend the day cleaning my room and blasting Sainthood because nobody else is home.  :embarassed:

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »

I know... I have such bad self discipline. I might have even skipped class today so that I could spend the day cleaning my room and blasting Sainthood because nobody else is home.  :embarassed:

"there's something so sick about this, sainthood is so addictive" ;)
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »

"there's something so sick about this, sainthood is so addictive" ;)

Its still on..The first thing i did when i got back from my lecture was load it up! I wish theyd have more dates in the uk/europe generally.

Jo Just Go Nameless

• I spread my legs for venus...
  • Right in the canuck...
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »

[

Its still on..The first thing i did when i got back from my lecture was load it up! I wish theyd have more dates in the uk/europe generally.

I'm pretty hopeful that they will tour Europe more extensively for Sainthood still and that this tour is just the initial shorter tour for the albums release. They played a much bigger UK tour (can't comment on Europe) for The Con, then came back to play a couple of shows (much like this tour coming up) so I think they'll tour again with more dates. Annoying thing is that looking at the tour dates already announced for Canada/USA, another European tour wouldn't be until April/May at least :(

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
  • We have got to take cover, brother.
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »

[

They played a much bigger UK tour (can't comment on Europe) for The Con, then came back to play a couple of shows (much like this tour coming up) so I think they'll tour again with more dates.
Last time I think they played more shows in general. They came to my state for the Con, and they aren't this time around (...yet).

And mar, that two-on-two thing was really funny, ha. Did they say that'd be daily until the CD comes out?

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »

[

They played a much bigger UK tour (can't comment on Europe) for The Con, then came back to play a couple of shows (much like this tour coming up) so I think they'll tour again with more dates.
Last time I think they played more shows in general. They came to my state for the Con, and they aren't this time around (...yet).

And mar, that two-on-two thing was really funny, ha. Did they say that'd be daily until the CD comes out?

Yes, they are taking over spinner.ca for a week. First video was a behind the scenes one, second the Two on Two, and today there will be a new one.

http://www.spinner.ca/2009/10/19/tegan-and-sara-kick-off-their-spinner-takeover/

Wednesday Friday

• they can land that plane on my heart I don't care
    • myspace
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »

On a whole I like the Tegan songs a lot better than the Sara songs. This is usually the case.

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 06:04:25 AM »

Music video for 'Hell' is weird but I looove it.
http://vimeo.com/7194696
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 06:59:04 AM »

Well, I can really see it is made by the same guy as Back In Your Head. Cause at first I didn't really get that video either, and it started to make more sense the more I watched it. The video Hell is quite strange too, and it's not really making sense to me. So I probably have to watch it some more too ;)

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 07:31:57 AM »

I love it so much. Music videos are always the thing I look out for and wait for when people I like release new singles and I was really looking forward to this and I'm really not disappointed on any level. Even if I don't get it. I still absolutely love it.
It's odd.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9  All   Go Up