THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sainthood  (Read 14783 times)

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
Re: Sainthood
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:06 AM »

Today is the day we are trying to make #sainthood a trending topic on twitter. It's already in the trending topics now. So let's all tweet the hashtag so it'll stay there today! :D
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 07:10:51 AM »

The album isn't a disappointment but it provokes little to no emotional response which, for me, was a major attraction to Tegan and Sara, they really provoked emotional responses from me. None of the songs are bad, but none are fantastic, in my opinion. I heard it when it leaked and preordered anyways, to get my IN/ON/AT books so huzza!

Wednesday Friday

• they can land that plane on my heart I don't care
    • myspace
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »

The album isn't a disappointment but it provokes little to no emotional response which, for me, was a major attraction to Tegan and Sara, they really provoked emotional responses from me. None of the songs are bad, but none are fantastic, in my opinion. I heard it when it leaked and preordered anyways, to get my IN/ON/AT books so huzza!

You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about it. It's not bad and there's a lot I like about it, but it kind of left me cold, which was disappointing because their previous albums have always affected me quite deeply and compelled me to listen to them. I'm excited to get my hands on the books though.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »

You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about it. It's not bad and there's a lot I like about it, but it kind of left me cold, which was disappointing because their previous albums have always affected me quite deeply and compelled me to listen to them. I'm excited to get my hands on the books though.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Mostly because that means you don't feel what I feel when I listen to the album. I think it's great, even after listening to it on repeat for several times. I honestly do think there are fantastic songs on there. I would like to call them even brilliant. But yeah, that is my opinion, and everyone's opinion is different :)

I heard 'It Is Midnight' for the first time today. I love it. It's a great song :D
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil

bec

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »

I have to agree, mostly. I do love the album, can't stop listening to it, but I have realised that none of the songs really affect me on an emotional level. The only thing I can think of that does maybe is a line in 'Someday', but the rest of the song... no.

That said, I don't really need to be affected emotionally to love an album - I listen to T&S for different reasons than I listen to Amanda.
Oh and the bonus tracks, which I only discovered last night, are made of win and definitely more "emotionally stimulating". Or whatever. It's early and words are failing me.  :embarassed:

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
  • We have got to take cover, brother.
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »

I have to agree, mostly. I do love the album, can't stop listening to it, but I have realised that none of the songs really affect me on an emotional level. The only thing I can think of that does maybe is a line in 'Someday', but the rest of the song... no.

That said, I don't really need to be affected emotionally to love an album - I listen to T&S for different reasons than I listen to Amanda.
Oh and the bonus tracks, which I only discovered last night, are made of win and definitely more "emotionally stimulating". Or whatever. It's early and words are failing me.  :embarassed:
Don't worry, I understand what you mean.

I'm waiting until I get mine in the mail to hear the stuff other than "Hell." I did the same thing with WKAP, and it's sooo hard!

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 12:52:26 AM »

Yeah. I need to check out the bonus tracks, once my internet stops moving at a sluggish pace. I agree about 'Someday' as well, and I think it's a really good closer to the album.

HAS ANYONE GOT THE BOOKS/CD YET?? I just tracked mine and they're in my city already, hopefully they get here tomorrow  :D

Kovacs

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 01:44:31 AM »

I love it, so far, but that probably could've gone without saying. We'll see how much lasting power it has.

And those of you who wanted heartstring pulls, check out Light Up. And ignore the non-drug-but-seriously-wha? reference.

bec

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2009, 03:22:54 AM »

Yeah. I need to check out the bonus tracks, once my internet stops moving at a sluggish pace. I agree about 'Someday' as well, and I think it's a really good closer to the album.

HAS ANYONE GOT THE BOOKS/CD YET?? I just tracked mine and they're in my city already, hopefully they get here tomorrow  :D

yep, my internet was extremely slow yesterday because my dad decided to exceed our download limit, so they took a good hour to download from iTunes. definitely worth the wait. I was so happy to find out they're both Sara demos.

still waiting for my books. if I knew how to track them, I would, but in the mean time I'll assume mine are also at least in the country... even though my email said they only shipped them yesterday  :D

Wednesday Friday

• myspace
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2009, 07:33:24 AM »

yep, my internet was extremely slow yesterday because my dad decided to exceed our download limit, so they took a good hour to download from iTunes. definitely worth the wait. I was so happy to find out they're both Sara demos.

still waiting for my books. if I knew how to track them, I would, but in the mean time I'll assume mine are also at least in the country... even though my email said they only shipped them yesterday  :D

They're easy to track! I didn't know how either but Mar told me (thanks Mar!):

You can track it by getting your order number from maplemusic.com, and go to Order History. Then you go to http://www.purolator.com and copy paste the order number in the reference searchbox. After that you get asked to narrow down your search, and you just fill in your country and zip code. You should see where the package is after that.

I got that email too but I figure they must have definitely shipped them earlier than the 27th because there's no way they'd even be in the country so fast. Yay!

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2009, 07:39:49 AM »

They are indeed shipped before the email. I'm still waiting for mine. It has been one and a half hour from my place since yesterday morning, 8am. It must be here today...

Edit: I checked again, and now the list says something different, and that city and 8am is nowhere on it... strange. Anyway, it is still close.

bec

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »

They're easy to track! I didn't know how either but Mar told me (thanks Mar!):

You can track it by getting your order number from maplemusic.com, and go to Order History. Then you go to http://www.purolator.com and copy paste the order number in the reference searchbox. After that you get asked to narrow down your search, and you just fill in your country and zip code. You should see where the package is after that.

I got that email too but I figure they must have definitely shipped them earlier than the 27th because there's no way they'd even be in the country so fast. Yay!

I tried that, but when I go to fill in my post code and/or country, it says nothing is found. hmm. if yours are in the country, then surely mine are too. so stoked there's an entire book dedicated to the Australian tour :D

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »

bec, I see I'm not the only one who has problems with download limits...  :buck2:

Mine was only shipped yesterday afternoon, but when I tracked this morning it says the package left Ohio at 3 am! It's soooo close!!

:D   :D   :D

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2009, 10:06:10 AM »

I just watched some videos of the new songs live. And I must say, they really touch me. More than on the album. I already love them, but hearing them live versions makes me appreciate the songs even more. Like, get a more emotional connection to them. I'm not sure how to explain it... :-\

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »

Now it's in Indiana! o.o

I enjoy package tracking WAY too much... I have a life, haha.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  All   Go Up